Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please explain what makes certain slingshots "Gypsy style"???? I've also heard the term "Gypsy tabs" used and have been curious as I've only been back into shooting for a few months now and am illiterate to the terms lol.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
tabs are a material hooked to the slingshot (maybe leather) then the bands or in some cases tubes are hooked to that.

·
Neophyte
2,000 Posts
For me, sometimes the elastic I want on a particular frame does not agree with the frame, tabs helps everyone get along and play nice. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
A couple things can warrant "tabs".

Maybe you have a sling that is grooved to accept bands and you want to try tubes. You hook a couple tabs (maybe a couple of extra pouches) to the sling, stretch them up and over and hook your tubes to that.

Another use not so common is, Say your setup is just about the way you think it should be, but you are getting rapped across the knuckles at times indicating to you that you need a little less power. You could rig up some tabs and hook to them thereby lengthening the tube/band slightly giving you less "zip"

There are probably a bunch more uses for tabs, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
I love tabs! They help when going OTT, they are quieter and work with flats as well as tubes while eliminating the friction of the rubber over the fork tip. You can put them on TTF's too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts