Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went thru the search function looking for an idea I had involving gypsy tabs. Got a zillion hits, but couldn't see where anyone had used them on flat bands. I have been fooling around with natural forks since the neighbor lad is using my scout. Anchor points,different pouches, tapered bands, straight cut bands. BBs, 3/8, 7/16. But no matter what , I just can't shoot them with any degree of accuracy. This ott thing has me completely whipped. That is why I asked you guys about your most accurate slingshot, I wanted to see the general shape and configuration of what works for you. Grasping for straws, I put tabs with flats on one of my naturals. And believe it or not, I seem to be getting back to hitting something again. Not like my scout and through the forks, but I'll stick with this rig until I can build that R10 I'm coveting. This is a crazy but absorbing hobby. Not complaining, there is so much to learn!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use a tab very similar to a pouch, or use paracord - tie on the same way.
Yeah, thanks for the tip, never thought of paracord. That would make it a lot smoother. One problem is that all the forks that I cut up north are pretty well useless for what I need. In order to get a gap wide enough to suit me, the forks have to be longer than I want. But hey, we learn as we go. Could I split a fork then slide a doubled band down in there? I'm assuming that then I could wrap it around and have a ttf setup instead of ott.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yup, you can do that.

I like tabs, because you can tie just about any kind of rubber onto them, and they still shoot like tabs. :)

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob... you must be a mind reader, that is exactly what I had in mind clear down to the match stick. H**ll, my fork even looks like that. Maybe I was a gamekeeper in my former life. Now if I could just shoot like him. :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts