Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as they rock, ergonomics wise and as far as precision goes, there is something to be aware of. About half an hour ago, I'd fitted a .80 bandset to mine to try out heavier ammo, and after about ten minutes of shooting it, the sharp edge of the band clip tore my elastic due to the higher tension, and I ended up with quite a nasty, stinging mark on my face. I'd advise smoothing those edges out a bit on yours, if they seem at all sharp.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ill have to keep an eye on this. I haven't used .8 bands on it but haven't noticed unusual wear. I saw some premature wear on the TTF Hammer Pro due to a sharp edge on the thumb screws but that was an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I try to cut bands a little bit long when using them in clamp style forks. Fold the end before inserting in the jaws so you have a short tag for cushioning on the shooter side of the clamp. It doesn't interfere with accuracy but it does provide a barrier between the clamp and band.
Great idea, cheers a lot!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill have to keep an eye on this. I haven't used .8 bands on it but haven't noticed unusual wear. I saw some premature wear on the TTF Hammer Pro due to a sharp edge on the thumb screws but that was an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The default thumb screws stripped really easily for me, so I replaced them with stainless steel allens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts