Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 weeks the canvas catchbox was rendered useless. I expected it to last awhile but the projectiles hitting it was ripping it all over. So I built one that should take anything my catty can throw at it. Still have to cut out a front piece for the bottom but needed a break from saw dust.
86a11f64f2ebc1bdd9ac3692b3b7ea9d.jpg
29305bec74b01e2a2b6a245e640c806f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Neophyte
2,006 Posts
You may want to split one side of a pool noodle and cut it to length to fit it over the edges of the box. This will greatly cut down on return to sender shots. I will post pictures soon of my box with this mod to make it more clear :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
You may want to split one side of a pool noodle and cut it to length to fit it over the edges of the box. This will greatly cut down on return to sender shots. I will post pictures soon of my box with this mod to make it more clear :)
I need this myself thank you. And great box looks very sturdy

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That will be a must do. I was going to use that rubber paint or tape.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks great. If you lower your target you'll have less bounce outs.
I have a beach towel in there. It stops it and it just falls to bottom. Haven't had to many bounce out, made it over a foot deep.

Updated photo, even tightened up the line holding the backstop.

2e6eb6869be491f9159482eac8644758.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
You know, if you were to drape your old tee shirts in the box, threading through the arm holes, pushing a bunch together so it actually looks pleated... that will stop practically anything a slingshot can throw, and will last a very, very long time as well.

Those little canvas catchboxes are in my opinion really just more of a mobile solution thing... not meant as a permanent fixture to shoot thousands of rounds into.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know, if you were to drape your old tee shirts in the box, threading through the arm holes, pushing a bunch together so it actually looks pleated... that will stop practically anything a slingshot can throw, and will last a very, very long time as well.
Those little canvas catchboxes are in my opinion really just more of a mobile solution thing... not meant as a permanent fixture to shoot thousands of rounds into.
Will grab a few shirts from good will. The towel is working pretty well since it is so thick you can barely tell that you even put a round into it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts