Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Mainly an OTT and PFS Shooter
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hai everyone (pun intended)! I just discovered the Hai shooting style, and it has opened a new world of speed shooting for me. I set up one of my slings with single 1632 bands and gave it a shot.

For those unfamiliar, the Hai-style of shooting involves directly holding on to the projectile with little to no contact with the pouch. It lets you shoot quickly with a single motion of loading and shooting. I just hold a bunch of projectiles in the palm of my hand, let them roll between my index and middle finger, load, and shoot.

Paired with single tube bands that do not tangle, you can surprise yourself with how fast you can shoot.

Anyway, this is my first time doing this and I am having tons of fun! Any speed shooting veterans here who can give a beginner some advice? Are there any other styles we can explore other than the Hai-style? Should I buy a dedicated speed-shooter like the GZK xiaofork?
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Flooring Twig

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Ive got one of the xiao fork and its tiny, the sling your using is better for you I bet. Great shooting there! I messed with it a while my shoulders didnt like it much , and when I realized Id never be fast enough for a double tap I gave up. But keep at it, I bet you will get fast !

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive got one of the xiao fork and its tiny, the sling your using is better for you I bet. Great shooting there! I messed with it a while my shoulders didnt like it much , and when I realized Id never be fast enough for a double tap I gave up. But keep at it, I bet you will get fast !
Thank you! I hope so. I find that one of the challenges is getting carried away with being fast, and I end up dropping ammo everywhere. I haven't even thought about double taps yet :D

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
How does it work for pickle fork? Can you reliably clear the fork by just flipping and not twisting/tweaking the pouch?
I think Dgui is so unique that nobody shoots like him. I wish I could shoot like him, the "active flip follow thru eludes me, I have no accuracy doing that. But if you shoot it straight up and w/ a twist it will clear the forks for can air shots , unless they are too vertical , then for me anyway, it hits the web of my hand. With your young shoulders and parts , YOU could be the one who carries on in Dgui tradition. no lie. Check his vids out he was truly amazing. Dont listen to people who say its just tricks, they are saying that because they cant do them. also check out Joey 5 and Leo Cerna for speed shooting. and they both do double taps on aerials , and Leo is quite fast , so is Joey. I wish you best of luck, if all my parts werent so old Id join you. If you wertent so far away Id send you a couple PFS heres a ground double from Da Man

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Dgui is so unique that nobody shoots like him. I wish I could shoot like him, the "active flip follow thru eludes me, I have no accuracy doing that. But if you shoot it straight up and w/ a twist it will clear the forks for can air shots , unless they are too vertical , then for me anyway, it hits the web of my hand. With your young shoulders and parts , YOU could be the one who carries on in Dgui tradition. no lie. Check his vids out he was truly amazing. Dont listen to people who say its just tricks, they are saying that because they cant do them. also check out Joey 5 and Leo Cerna for speed shooting. and they both do double taps on aerials , and Leo is quite fast , so is Joey. I wish you best of luck, if all my parts werent so old Id join you. If you wertent so far away Id send you a couple PFS heres a ground double from Da Man
Thank you for the encouragement and advice! That is some mighty fine shooting from Dgui. I will definitely work on that style. I'd love to be able to that with PFS.

This did happen just now though. Hahaha, here is the aftermath of trying to shoot Hai style + flip with a PFS. I got 4 shots out, but the 5th shot put me in a world of pain. Im not giving up!
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Tableware Dishware Gesture Serveware Drinkware

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep , I bet almost everyone who shoots PFS has a scar, Id always hit the same place , just below the web of hand lol
No pain no gain, as they say! Lol, but I should rest my hand for a bit. The clot got more pronounced this morning. Prteey interesting to see how the bruise is also visible on the other side of my thumb.
Hand Plant Wood Finger Food

1 - 14 of 14 Posts