Slingshots Forum banner

Half china Bands

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Itamar J 
#1 ·
Half china bands is what i call them.
Well it was not an earth shatering discovery and im going to assume it was done before.
So if there is an official name id like to know what it is

Bassically all i did was get some comercial tubes.
On the end that attaches to the forks i did a knot in tube method
with the strings in a loop

so i ended up with a quick replacement band set for my china slingshot.
Its good if you dont have lengths of rubber at your disposal

the only problem is sometimes the strings come out of the looped forks after a shot
the only reason i chose this over a fixed attachment was a fixed would use up much more rubber

Body jewelry Jewellery Wind instrument Musical instrument Fashion accessory
Electrical wiring Cable Composite material Wire Fashion accessory
Product Cable Wire Audio equipment Electrical supply

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Earth shattering discovery or not, it is a way for us all to use what we have on hand, which is also what this hobby/sport is about. I like to use leather to attach the tube in the same fashion, but strong string works too.

Attachments

#5 ·
I like the quick attachment. While the importance of band replacement ease is rarely addressed or a major concern, this is a top feature in my book. The ability to change bands quickly means more shooting for me. So unless I carry multiple duplicate slingshots, I either have to take the time to replace the bands or have the ability to swap the bands on my fork quickly at the range.

Thank you for sharing.

#6 ·
I take multiple duplicate slingshots. Mine are compact so there's no weight issue and the new bands last ages so I don't need to change. Multiple slingshots also meand more people can play if someone shows up with nothing to shoot.

I also prefer OTT and don't feel so comfortable with through-the-fork shooting. danny left me with some pre-tied 20-40s, double 20-40s and 17-50s, so I could always just carry a pocket full of those.

I do like the new attachment method, though. It allows people to shoot western tubes from a Chinese frame. I have something in common with that, I suppose!

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I really dislike the too-short bands that came with my Jungle Hunter, so when I was simply unable to make a red Theraband tube set work on the design I'm testing (too many fork hits), I just looped an inch over the top of the forks on my Dankung and tied them off with a bit of pre-stretch. Works beautifully and the tubes stay on top where they belong. No fork hits and I can use my preferred 45 degree forward tilt without the bands slipping out of the slot and whacking me in the face.

Henry

#10 ·
i did do the very same thing as you
but i had to cut like an inch off the bands before because of a tear.
if i did it the same as you i would lose more of rubber to the attachment and have a really stocky band set.
i just tried to make an atackment method that would loose the least amount of rubber
only like 15mm

#12 ·
sst ??
im too new to this site i dont know what that is.
do you mean the bands?
Those tubes look like Trumark RRT's, which is what I meant to ask. Sorry.
yes they are the tapered trumarks
it shoots great actually
but im not too used china bands tho
nice light pull
its real nice for tatgets
if the forks were rounded more like eye bolts
you can make the loops fit much more snugly and there is less play with them bands
they have a more fixed band feel to them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.