Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mite just be over thinking or just worried but had anyone used the hammer and 3/8 tubes? I feel like it should be fine and it's not fmgoing to come apart and smack me. I almost want to try using the looped 3/8 set I have floating around somewhere but last time I use that it me afraid of what if it hits my hand lol.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
I'm not sure what "hammer" your referring too. But 3/8"tubes are BIG stuff. I would not use them for anything less than 5/8" steel. And even then there is much better alternatives. Every so often I'll make a butterfly bandset from 3/8 tubes and shoot 5/8 steel full butterfly. I'm a pretty big guy and it took me a while to be able to do that steady.

As for looped 3/8 tubes. If there the same tubes I think your referring to, and you can pull that you best be shooting bowling balls lol.
If your looking for power and tubes, think you would find looped 1745 to throw 1/2 steel with more than enough power.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I mean the hammer slingshot that simpleshot sells. Ya the 3/8 x 1/4 is what I tend to like but I have I think its 1745 or the large dipped latex ss sells. Most of my ammo it 1/2 steel or bigger or large rocks I find. When I shot it looped it was with rocks I used for my slings so 1.5 2 inches big. Was fun just scary to use.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol oh ya I like those tubes plus easy for me to find them. But cuz I'm back from a break of slingshots got new frame and want to get back to fun. Just wanted to see what everyone here has done and what kind of tests the put the frame though.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I mite just be over thinking or just worried but had anyone used the hammer and 3/8 tubes? I feel like it should be fine and it's not fmgoing to come apart and smack me. I almost want to try using the looped 3/8 set I have floating around somewhere but last time I use that it me afraid of what if it hits my hand lol.
Have you tried emailing SimpleShot? Someone typically will get back to you promptly on questions of this nature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.