Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My favorites are:

A+ Slingshots - Kit Fox - this is designed to shoot rocks and heavy ammo, instinctively. It arrives with an oversized leather pouch and heavy theraband tubes. I have the hybrid version with a Wolf Claw arm brace. You can adapt lighter flatbands or tubes.

Daisy F-16 - really inexpensive and simple to modify with flatlands or modern tubes. You can wrap the plastic handle with sports grip or just slide it off and add your own wood or paracord handle. Lots of other wire frame hammer grips out there, but this is the least expensive and simplest to modify.

Rambone 2.0 - "from the slingshot-addled mind of Jorg Sprave." Jorg put his template into the public domain. "Let me show you its features."

Other options:

Simple Shot - Hammer and Scout

Pocket Predator - Tac Hammer and SERE

Mark Seljan (Tremoside on this forum) TenTon Hammer. Mark put his template into the public domain http://www.markseljan.com/sites/default/files/sling/TTH/Seljan%20-%20TenTonHammer%20-%20DIY_Infopack_PDF_sec.pdf

Jack Koehler - Beaver is hammer grip. Alley Cat is designed for "hook-hook" (pinch grip) but you can take off the hooks and shoot it hammer grip.

Trumark - "The Bat" - one of the most innovative (or depending on your perspective, just strange) slingshots ever, The Bat is a hammer grip mounted inside of a frame that accommodates a stabilizer and a maglight flashlight. It also has rotating forks and fiber-optic sights. The hollow grip will hold ammo. According to Trumark "The "cantilevered" arms on each side of the fork are designed to increase the overall strength at the top and bottom of the handle to prevent twisting of the all-plastic, heavy-duty frame."

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I just did a test build of Bill Hays' Altoids Hunter.

I think it's a real contender.

attachicon.gif
AltoidsHunter1.jpg
(Not trying to hijack). I've been real interested in that template. When you finish could you share with the group? Love to hear your thoughts on it :)

*Update: Just saw you already posted. Thanks!

I'll second by saying the F16 was very comfortable for me. Just terrible rubber, but the frame is a classic.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hiall,

Thank you all for the information. I did not tell you why I need it - although I make slingshots I normally do not make classic hammer grip and although I know of some of them - I saw them mostly in pictures - my problem is that I do not have experience with them, therefore I asked about your "preferred" hammer grip style.

What I got is an extensive list and I will wait for couple of more answers should they come and then I intend to compile them and to place it here in the forum.

Thank you very much for your answers!

cheers,

jazz

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I tried to design a wood hammer grip frame but the forks always ended up too high for my liking. Finally, I figured out that the horizontal bottom on the forks has to be a strong material that can be made thin. Metal works great but I'm not able to make a metal frame that looks reasonable. There are lots of wonderfully designed hammer grip frames on AliExpress. I'm still trying hard to resist the wood handle frame with the cam lock system.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi all,

thanks again for your answers. I compiled a small collection of hammer grip slingshots based on your suggestions. Please let me know if I need to make any corrections:

Pocket Predator Tac Hammer:

Wood Font Metal Symbol Gun barrel

A+ Slingshots - Kit Fox:

Product Blue Body jewelry Jewellery Electric blue

Daisy F-16:

White Light Yellow Line Font

Jorg Sprave Rambone 2.0:

Bicycle part Sports equipment Auto part Metal Font

Simple Shot The Hammer:

Bicycle part Composite material Font Auto part Metal

Simple Shot The Scout:

Bicycle part Personal protective equipment Auto part Event Metal

Pocket Predator - SERE:

Green Wood Font Line Religious item

Mark Seljan TenTonHammer:

Auto part Bicycle part Font Fashion accessory Metal

Jack Koehler - Beaver:

Kitchen utensil Automotive lighting Font Tool String instrument

Trumark - The Bat:

Automotive lighting Bicycle part Nickel Font Auto part

Bill Hays' Altoids Hunter:

Yellow Font Snout Personal protective equipment Photo caption

Barnet Strike 9:

Gesture Font Audio equipment Metal Plant

Various designs from aliexpress:

Joint Green Product Sleeve Finger

cheers,

jazz

Attachments

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Grandpa Grumpy,

Thanks, you are right - the Amazon misled me somehow..

Is this Daisy F-16?

Luggage and bags Gesture Bag Sleeve Font

As I said, I do not usually make hammer grip but now I have someone interested. So many ideas to work with!

cheers,

jazz

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I like the Bad Company/ Bad hammer and the Lead Launchers designs. They are simple to make, easy to bling up and hold really well. They are good designs for a novice builder/ shooter.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I like the Bad Company/ Bad hammer and the Lead Launchers designs. They are simple to make, easy to bling up and hold really well. They are good designs for a novice builder/ shooter.
Saw the Bad Hammer frame. Sweet looking workhorse!

Reactions: KawKan
1 - 20 of 23 Posts