Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i were to make my own sling shot pouches with my own bands what could i use? would denim work? or should i just try to track down some leather i like to figure out since i found where i can get surgical tubing

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Denim is a poor material because it unravels unless it is hemmed. Leather is easy to find.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is and it isnt and thats what i was going to do nd can you give me ideas of where to find some decent leather for pouches?

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I go to the local leather shop. They have thousands of hides and an amply filled offcuts bin. The leather stockists in Hong Kong are in Shamshuipo, Yaumatei and Jordan/TST. Sorry, I know that's no so helpful. In BC, there's sure to be a thrift store and they are sure to have something you can use. A torn jacket will yield scores of pouches.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
do a search for Tandy Leather...check ebay....We have Goodwill and Salvation Army stores in the US where you can buy second hand belts, purses and the like that can be recycled into pouches...look for used clothing stores that you can find the same at.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
You can also check with craft and art supply stores. In my area the store Michaels usually has a 10"x10"? square of suitable Tandy suede leather they sell as well. One Fabric store in my area also has craft supplies and carries these as well.
Cheap wielding /work gloves from Wal Mart or Harbor Freight have also been used by some.
Hope that helps.
If you can't find any material locally. I'd be happy to sell you some pouches so that you can make your own band sets if you contact me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts