Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
Having the same issue with the Simpleshot black bands.

My first Chinese SlingShot came with 10 sets of bands and they are much lighter and easier to hold at full draw.

I chronied them and was getting an average of 190fps with 3/8" steel, don't really know if that is good or not, haven't chronied the Black bands but I would guess they are considerably faster.

At this point I definitely shoot better with the lighter bands so that is what I will stick with mainly, but also try to shoot the black bands enough so that hopefully it will get easier to shoot with them as I get stronger.

I shot today until my pouch fingers went numb, if it don't kill ya it will make you stronger!

· Registered
293 Posts
It seems a lot of things from archery transfer over to SlingShot shooting, I shoot my compound bow with a very relaxed grip almost open hand but with a wrist strap to catch the bow after the shot.

My first SlingShot had no lanyard hole and I had to remember to grip the SlingShot or it would jump out of my hand after the shot and hit the floor.

· Registered
293 Posts
I decided to try shooting the black SimpleShot bands on the Axiom Ocularis today and they seem to be easier to hold now without shaking too bad. So either I am getting stronger or maybe the bands are getting broken in.

I don't know if that is even a thing, do SlingShot bands have a break in period?

I like to think I am pretty strong, I did hard physical labor most of my life, but I am thinking that drawing and holding a SlingShot may very well use a different set of muscles than I am used to and therefore the more i shoot the easier it should get to hold at full draw.

Also being able to get on target and release quickly is important and that too should get easier with practice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.