Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this belongs here, if not please direct me to the right place.
I just received my Scout XT in the mail, and love it. Have it set up to shoot TTF, and can aim pretty well that way. My issue is that with the stock black bands at full draw, my left hand shakes while trying to aim. I'm going to try a lighter bandset for the time being until I get my aiming technique downpat. I have some of the SS BB bands on the way, and I'm hoping that will solve the problem. Has anyone else ever experienced this, and am I right in my assumption about going to a lighter band set?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are on the right track by switching to lighter bands.

Are you maxing the bands out? If so cut the bands slightly longer so you reach your anchor without maxing them.
I'm not making the bands myself, yet. I'm just using pre-made right now. I used to make my own bands from pure gum rubber and I could reach back behind my head when I pulled them back, and that worked really well for me. I got out of shooting for a few years, and now finding pure gum rubber at an affordable price is nearly impossible. I'm thinking of trying some of the orange stuff from gzk as well as Theraband blue

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I made the mistake of ordering a bunch of pre-made bands online that are all Theraband gold with the super small Chinese style pouch on them. The bands aren't long enough, are therefore harder to pull, and those little bitty pouches are super hard to hold on to. I'm gonna wait for my blue bands to get here, and go from there

· Registered
24 Posts
I know that Thera band is old fashion now, but I've used thera band blue for many years in a 1to 3/4" taper with very good success. Even hunted with them lots. That said i shoot full butterfly. But even at a shorter draw I'm sure they will work well for you. And there a nice easy draw.
I shot butterfly as a kid, and that's what I'm going to go back to. It was a better feel and really accurate for me, whether OTF or TTF. If you don't minme asking, what band length and ammo are you shooting?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are you shooting the Scout more upright or sideshooter (aka gangsta) style? Reason I ask is that I personally find my wrist is more stable when holding the sling as a sideshooter. I can't shoot worth beans with the forks upright.
Gangsta all the way. That's the only way I'm accurate at all lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.