durable4936.84%
a cool "look"2720.30%
high quality parts3929.32%
cheap price1410.53%
something everyone else has43.01%

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I have moved the discussion portion of this thread to General Discussion. Those posts by USASlingshot that represented a sales offer have been split out as a separate thread in the Personal For Sale forum.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I do agree with ZDP, as you will make a greater profit from more advanced slingshots. But, I like your minimalist approach. I tried to buy one of them on Ebay, but bidding ended while I was at a funeral.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I do agree with ZDP, as you will make a greater profit from more advanced slingshots.
ive made £20,000.00 + from my simple slingshots in six months! (the queens made £5,000.00 in tax from it!)
[/quote]

Well mybe you should put your prices down then, ha ha only joking you make nice catapults, at a fair price as well, ive seen some at game fairs that are poor, and twice your price, good on you, jeff

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
To USA Slingshots... If you want to sell your slingshots, start participating in our forum discussions and let us all get to know you. Put some pictures up of your products so we can all ooh and aha over them. If I was made aware a bit more of what you had to offer I might just decide that I had to have one, (or seven) of your shooters. One of the reasons that I am trying to get at least one slingshot from each of our forum members is because I have (talked) to them and appreciate the work they do. I'm not interested in buying just any slingshot because I can make my own, but I like to collect other slingshots because, in one way or another, I feel that I know the person I am getting the slingshot from.
I hope this doesn't sound mean to you because I only say it to help you guys. If you are only in this to make a buck you aren't going to get very far because Wal-Mart sells perfectly good slingshots for six dollars. I am interested in other peoples' slingshots because I want something they made and I appreciate the work they do and the way they try to help others on the forum.
This is only my opinion, but look at JoergS and all the effort he puts into his wonderful creations as an example. That guy could sell his stuff for quite a bit because of how he is appreciated by all of us who love making and shooting slingshots. If we didn't know him through his forum posts and U-Tube videos his slingshots would just sit in his house under appreciated no matter how cool they were. It is through his efforts that I found out that there even was something called a slingshot forum. Until I stumbled across his Channel, I thought I was just a strange man who still liked shooting a slingshot like a kid.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
To USA Slingshots... If you want to sell your slingshots, start participating in our forum discussions and let us all get to know you. Put some pictures up of your products so we can all ooh and aha over them. If I was made aware a bit more of what you had to offer I might just decide that I had to have one, (or seven) of your shooters. One of the reasons that I am trying to get at least one slingshot from each of our forum members is because I have (talked) to them and appreciate the work they do. I'm not interested in buying just any slingshot because I can make my own, but I like to collect other slingshots because, in one way or another, I feel that I know the person I am getting the slingshot from.
I hope this doesn't sound mean to you because I only say it to help you guys. If you are only in this to make a buck you aren't going to get very far because Wal-Mart sells perfectly good slingshots for six dollars. I am interested in other peoples' slingshots because I want something they made and I appreciate the work they do and the way they try to help others on the forum.
This is only my opinion, but look at JoergS and all the effort he puts into his wonderful creations as an example. That guy could sell his stuff for quite a bit because of how he is appreciated by all of us who love making and shooting slingshots. If we didn't know him through his forum posts and U-Tube videos his slingshots would just sit in his house under appreciated no matter how cool they were. It is through his efforts that I found out that there even was something called a slingshot forum. Until I stumbled across his Channel, I thought I was just a strange man who still liked shooting a slingshot like a kid.
What he said. It really rubs me the wrong way when people only use the forums to take peoples ideas or to promote themselves with out giving anything back. Simply showing your stuff without trying to market it or commenting on other peoples posts and projects will go a long way towards making you part of the community instead of someone just out to make some money off of it. You have a total of 3 posts on this forum all have been in the classified but you've been a member for 5 months.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
What he said. It really rubs me the wrong way when people only use the forums to take peoples ideas or to promote themselves with out giving anything back. Simply showing your stuff without trying to market it or commenting on other peoples posts and projects will go a long way towards making you part of the community instead of someone just out to make some money off of it.
I understand what you are getting at ,but am offering another point of view to what you're saying.

so if a person is here to learn how-to, science of 'pult tech and buy from vendors while showing off what he's learned ...that's ok then? I'm really not into the business side personally but love to tinker and shoot; if that means I shouldn't post what I learn and make with that knowledge - I most certainly won't.

·
Banned
388 Posts
What he said. It really rubs me the wrong way when people only use the forums to take peoples ideas or to promote themselves with out giving anything back. Simply showing your stuff without trying to market it or commenting on other peoples posts and projects will go a long way towards making you part of the community instead of someone just out to make some money off of it. You have a total of 3 posts on this forum all have been in the classified but you've been a member for 5 months.
hey stop giving perry a hard time he does no different to any of us profesional makers do on the forums ,90% of us are on the 4 main slingshot forums and know each other well,and its not just pro makers that show off their stuff thats what 99% of forum members do,thats why theres the ability to post pictures,personally i love looking at peoples wares and stuff they make , personally i dont care if they are a closet gay or a serial killer or even a mr bean -a-like if they make good slingshots thats all i care.if you dont like perrys posts dont read them,simple as that no one puts a gun to yer head and makes you read threads,we are after-all on the same side.

p.s i see you dont contribute financially to the forum not a vendor or even a site supporter,whereas A+ aka perry spends a good amount of money advertising with this forum,so in effect we pay to use it,we could say that folk with 300 posts and no financial contribution are spongers but ime too polite for that! lol

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
hey stop giving perry a hard time he does no different to any of us profesional makers do on the forums ,90% of us are on the 4 main slingshot forums and know each other well,and its not just pro makers that show off their stuff thats what 99% of forum members do,thats why theres the ability to post pictures,personally i love looking at peoples wares and stuff they make , personally i dont care if they are a closet gay or a serial killer or even a mr bean -a-like if they make good slingshots thats all i care.if you dont like perrys posts dont read them,simple as that no one puts a gun to yer head and makes you read threads,we are after-all on the same side.

p.s i see you dont contribute financially to the forum not a vendor or even a site supporter,whereas A+ aka perry spends a good amount of money advertising with this forum,so in effect we pay to use it,we could say that folk with 300 posts and no financial contribution are spongers but ime too polite for that! lol
[/quote]

Ahhhh Fish.... Thanks for "having my back"...but I've not been apart of this thread. They were talking about USA Slingshot. The post and thread was from and about the guys who call their business "USA Slingshot." They're a couple of young guys who started a little business a bit back that sell their catties on ebay. I think they are teenagers. If they are teens as I believe, we should be encouraging them all we can just because they have chosen to do something other than sit on a couch and play video games!!! I think Smitty was just trying to give a little kind "Fatherly" advise.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is USA Slingshots also called Perry?

I agree with Smitty to a point: I am most motivated to buy slingshots off makers whose work I admire and whom I have gotten to know. USA Slingshots would probably sell a lot more here if he were more engaged in the forum.

I can also live and let live. I suppose when business picks up a bit, USA Slingshots may be more motivated to get involved, post more on the forum, contribute and advertise. The more the merrier.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
[quote name='ZDP-189] Is USA Slingshots also called Perry?[/quote]

"A+ Slingshots" IS NOT "USA Slingshot" or associated in any way....except for the fact that we both make catties in the USA.

I agree Dan....the more the merrier!!!!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
I'm thinking a few may have been into the cider yesterday
Hehehehe!!!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
this thread hijack kind of reminds me of a law suit involving a bar owner and a lemonade stand run by a couple kids on the corner across the street from the bar.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.