Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was sunny and 52 degrees today so I decided to take the family out for a little hike in the Wharton State forest. Our favorite spot is Batsto lake which sits right at the edge of an area called The Pine Barrens which is 1,100,000 acres of pristine wilderness. There are many species of plants and trees that grow there, but it's dominated by pine trees, hence the name. Of course I brought a slingshot with me. Today I had my curvy chalice from Slingnerd with me. What a blast.
Here's some pics

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Oh yeah, Batso Lake. Some really nice Pickerel in there. The Barrens are loaded with great trails and great Pickerel ponds. Nice way to spend a day! You guys would never believe some of the wild and picturesque areas we have in New Jersey.

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
I remember well reading books of Tom Watkins growing up there and thought... New Jersey?? But have since learned NJ is an absolutely beautiful state. Sounds as though you guys had a wonderful day.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
That's some beautiful land. I'm hoping to do the same thing tomorrow if the rain holds off. Temps in the low 60's means a chance to shoot! I share in others incredulity... who knew NJ had such beauty?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's some beautiful land. I'm hoping to do the same thing tomorrow if the rain holds off. Temps in the low 60's means a chance to shoot! I share in others incredulity... who knew NJ had such beauty?
If you ever have a chance to come visit, you won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I have a great friend in Ramsey NJ... he and a few books cured me of the NJ misconception only a handful of years back. But like many great spots in many states... no one talks about iy very much.
This year I hope to visit some out of TN parks and that is one I have on a list. And up where Buckshin Dave lives in the Alleghenies. Oh man. I love it!
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a great friend in Ramsey NJ... he and a few books cured me of the NJ misconception only a handful of years back. But like many great spots in many states... no one talks about iy very much.
This year I hope to visit some out of TN parks and that is one I have on a list. And up where Buckshin Dave lives in the Alleghenies. Oh man. I love it!
Thanks for sharing.
Well if you make it here, look me up! I'm a half an hour away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts