Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
I haven't but I feel like I've seen some people do it before. You're talking about wrapping the handle or frame for comfort? I've used hockey tape on baseball bats in the past. Works great.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't but I feel like I've seen some people do it before. You're talking about wrapping the handle or frame for comfort? I've used hockey tape on baseball bats in the past. Works great.
Ive read about people using tennis racquet tape. I just have a whole role of athletic tape laying around. The frame is amazingly comfortable I just need more grip.

Reactions: MakoPat and skarrd

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks brotha man. I'm fighting the urge until payday I believe.

Reactions: MakoPat and skarrd

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yes, I use tennis racquet grip wrap on some frames. I would however add that it's not something I would do with every frame because I think frames deserve to shine au natural and shouldn't get covered up. However, some frames, especially HDPE ones are just a little slick and would benefit from the minor augmentation. Another frame like the Wasp Uniphoxx is also a lot more comfortable with a just little grip tape around the mid section of the handle. IMO grip tape is good when it is necessary to get the frame to its full potential of usability. Some frames just seem to need it but to each his own, if it makes you shoot a frame more, then by all means go for it!

...and BTW, another more lasting option is to use heat shrink grip.

·
Neophyte
2,001 Posts
I have used tennis racket tape, it works well and feels nice. Other things I have used for wraps: vet wrap for vets to wrap animal bandages with (super cheap and seems to stick to itself only), heat shrink tubeing (Lowes has big sizes in the house wiring section), fishing rod flocking (gives a rubbery grip, easy to use). Just my $0.02 :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts