Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to this hobby and have purchased a few slingshots (wisdoman and tongtu). Both work ok, but would also like the one called Hathcock Target sniper. The design looks like it was made for me. But dont know how to get one...the website (predator.com) doesn't seem to allow me to order one. Are they still in business...? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow....I did not see the "Add to Cart" button...yet another senior moment....thanks...just ordered one

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ed

Welcome - I really enjoy my Hathcock Target Sniper. It was my first ergo. Up until then, I shot modified wire framed slingshots (aka wrist rockets). With some practice, you will see how accurate a slingshot can be.

Take your time and develop a good shot sequence. Bill Hays has some very good videos on the Pocket Predator web site. Don't be shy about asking questions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Eldon, I've viewed the predator website and have spent several hours looking at various youtube videos...there is a lot to learn and challenges ahead learning how to tie bands , tubes, pouches and then getting good at shooting. Glad I found this forum and never realized how popular slingshots are today. Daranda Hays sent me an email today that my order will ship tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thanks Eldon, I've viewed the predator website and have spent several hours looking at various youtube videos...there is a lot to learn and challenges ahead learning how to tie bands , tubes, pouches and then getting good at shooting. Glad I found this forum and never realized how popular slingshots are today. Daranda Hays sent me an email today that my order will ship tomorrow.
The trick to tying bands "wrap and tuck" is to use a c-clamp or a vise to hold the slingshot and then you have 2 hands free for tying. The videos with Bill Hay and Nathan Masters tying "freehand" makes it look way easier than it is.

As far as tying band-sets (tube or bands to pouches) I highly recommend pre-made band-sets. This will enable you to devote as much time as possible to shooting. Well worth the extra price.

·
Mojave Mo
4,818 Posts
The trick to tying bands "wrap and tuck" is to use a c-clamp or a vise to hold the slingshot and then you have 2 hands free for tying. The videos with Bill Hay and Nathan Masters tying "freehand" makes it look way easier than it is.

As far as tying band-sets (tube or bands to pouches) I highly recommend pre-made band-sets. This will enable you to devote as much time as possible to shooting. Well worth the extra price.
I second your last paragraph Blue. Buy pre-made sets at least for awhile. That leaves time for shooting and for now just studying the art of the rubber and pouch. MM

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts