Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Loves the Pocketshooter
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of my resin Hathcock sniper with a new paint job. Originally came in black, and wanted something different, so i opted for a nice olive color. Banded with thera black, and a Tex pouch. Great shooter, but a little big for me. Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Marauder,

Good to see you on the forum again.

You did a fine job with the paint.

Bill makes excellent stuff, no doubt.

But I think Bill is a big man with big hands. I found my first Bill Hays catty was a little too large for my hands as well. But I've notice Bill has started making some smaller frames. He has tons to try out.

WD40

·
Loves the Pocketshooter
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Glad you like it, I do.

Nice job... what kind of paint did you use?... any special prep?... looks great!
I originally painted it Krylon Fusion for plastics in black, this stuck so good when I sanded to paint this color, I just left most of it. I should have primed with a sandable primer I think. Paint was a Krylon rattle can in italian olive satin. Couldn't find olive drab for the life of me.

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Good work with the paint. It looks like it was made that way.

I want one of these bad, but my favorite slingshot is the one I've just made and so on......hate to burn the cash and have it become a Drawer Queen. But I will say it looks to be a very well-made piece and I really like your modification.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.