Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mates, the other day I went to the store and came across a package of snap bangs, 200 bangs for a dollar, and decided it might make a great slingshot Target and projectile. If you have a chance to get some, I highly recommend it. I ended up taking a clothesline hanger, pinching the snapbang, and try to shoot it from 10 or so meters. Every so often when I made a hit I would get a satisfying pop. I also tried a more less lethal method of getting birds out of my garage, and even though they don't fly straight at all, you can still hit in the general area up to 10 m maybe more. It was also just fun to shoot them around at various things and watching them pop. One thing I decided to do was bug hunt with the snap bangs, and it turned out to work pretty well. I also shot up some leaves, and was surprised that the snap bangs still popped, and created a almost shotgun like effect where the little particles inside of the bang dispersed into a small grouping. All in all, I think everyone should buy a bag of snap bangs and have fun with it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I like the idea of using them for bug hunting. Would be great for flies!

They make some bigger versions that look like a firecracker without a fuse. They're really fun to shoot at. Very loud though!

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I like the idea of using them for bug hunting. Would be great for flies!

They make some bigger versions that look like a firecracker without a fuse. They're really fun to shoot at. Very loud though!
those are the ones I use,they are loud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts