Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
It's pretty cool to see PP evolving as a slingshot company. I would still like to see them restock their inventory of existing products. I live in the US but had to order my Top Shot from a UK vendor.
What you do when you have problems with certain aspects in business, in this case the injection molding companies we've been using... you simply modify your situation and plan.

Our next groups of injection molded slingshots will be from an incredibly reliable source... we've just been putting off using them because of spoken obligations to others... but we've given them pretty much every opportunity to do things right and haven't been able to yet... so after several years of not getting it done right.... it's time to make changes.

·
Master of Swine Fu
3,047 Posts
i have a couple of questions. in the description for the diy aluminium sideshooter, is says it has stage 1 rounding. is stage 2 the other side? how many stages of rounding are there?

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
i have a couple of questions. in the description for the diy aluminium sideshooter, is says it has stage 1 rounding. is stage 2 the other side? how many stages of rounding are there?
Stage 1 means "rough rounded"... not perfectly smooth like a more finished piece. On aluminum I generally do 4 or 5 round over steps... On a 1/2" piece like that 5/16" on both sides is the first step.

·
Master of Swine Fu
3,047 Posts
Stage 1 means "rough rounded"... not perfectly smooth like a more finished piece. On aluminum I generally do 4 or 5 round over steps... On a 1/2" piece like that 5/16" on both sides is the first step.

thank you sir

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m really looking forward to receiving the aluminum cores I ordered from Pocket Predator I wasn’t expecting them until after Christmas, but Daranda got them out earlier than I expected. I had one powder coated, and now Im thinking of using an etching primer, then paint it whatever color I choose.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.