Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an Antelope. When it arrived it had very short looped tubes which I replaced with longer loops of 1632. I am pleased with the way it shoots but after almost every shot one or both loops come off the horns. I am looking for suggestions as to how to correct this problem. Thanks.

GP

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
I just got an Antelope. When it arrived it had very short looped tubes which I replaced with longer loops of 1632. I am pleased with the way it shoots but after almost every shot one or both loops come off the horns. I am looking for suggestions as to how to correct this problem. Thanks.
GP
Buy smaller condoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
605 Posts
You could try bending the loops tighter by squeezing them in a vice so the gap is smaller. Might work with a hammer too. Be careful. I take no responsibility for any damage that may occur.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
GP
Buy smaller condoms.

I was thinking it, just didn't have the guts to say it!

·
955 Posts
Hey GP, I've got the same frame, but haven't had that issue. It's possible the gaps a little bigger on your frame, but it looks like my wraps go up higher on the forks than your's do. My looped tubes have to squeeze between the leather wraps and the metal fork tip. Maybe a little tape like someone suggested? I've got to say, I really like those frames. Hope you get the kinks worked out because it's the most comfortable and natural thing I've shot to date. Good luck!

Reactions: Tag and Ibojoe

·
aka CYBORG
1,990 Posts
Close the gap with a short length of tube - 3/8 to 1/2" on each point to act as a trap door. Or, slip an o-ring or two per side over the ear down to the gap to narrow it or even close it. They will slide easily to add or remove a tube set. Banging with a hammer or squeezing in a vice is not recommended.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Fitting a short section of flexible transparent tubing for liquids (not necessarily slingshot rubber) on the steel rod ends of the fork loops should close the gap efficiently, while being fairly easily removable to change the rubber tubes.

You may need to sandpaper the tubing ends slightly to remove possible sharper edges.

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey GP, I've got the same frame, but haven't had that issue. It's possible the gaps a little bigger on your frame, but it looks like my wraps go up higher on the forks than your's do. My looped tubes have to squeeze between the leather wraps and the metal fork tip. Maybe a little tape like someone suggested? I've got to say, I really like those frames. Hope you get the kinks worked out because it's the most comfortable and natural thing I've shot to date. Good luck!
I am sure there would not be an issue if I were shooting with heavier tubes. Do you like the fact that the frame is quite heavy?

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GP
Buy smaller condoms.

I was thinking it, just didn't have the guts to say it!
LOL...I figured somebody out there would call me on the double entendre.

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I like the idea of putting a small section of tube over the ends of the horns. I am sure that will work and look neat too.

GP

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would try 0 or 00 o-rings. small, but might have enough body to prevent the loops from coming undone. The black of the rings would look neat as well

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
GP
Buy smaller condoms.

I knew someone was going to say it!! Haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
955 Posts
I am sure there would not be an issue if I were shooting with heavier tubes. Do you like the fact that the frame is quite heavy?
Eh, I don't mind it necessarily, but I don't exactly like it either. I'm a big fan of the overall shape, but I like to tuck a SS in my backpocket when I go for a walk, and the thing is so dang heavy you can really tell when you're carrying it. I believe Matt has shot a lot of these and recommends the X6 Pom from Dankung if you're a fan of the design but want something lighter.

·
955 Posts
Also try angling the frame slightly backward in the beginning of your draw.
Yeah, I didn't even realize it but I do this unintentionally. Point the forks towards me and take out the slack from the bands, then extend the left hand towards the target and the right hand towards my anchor point. Similar to pulling a bow back to full draw.

Reactions: mattwalt
1 - 20 of 24 Posts