Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha!

I have new to the slingshot world and I have a question regarding tying bands to pouches. I have been using crystal string for tying, SimpleShot's black latex bands and a Warrior pouch. I got the cutting and measuring down but now I have trouble with tying the darn things on correctly with out it breaking on one side.

I linked 2 pictures of my current set up.

Mahalo for your time!

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,095 Posts
What type of knot you using? I use a constrictor knot with cotton twine to attach my bands to pouch. Or are you doing wrap and tuck with the crystal string? ok I looked at your pictures closer.

You feed the band the pouch and fold the band back on to itself. then tie or wrap the folded band material beside the pouch. Here is a vid that helped me out, I even built a tieing jig like the one he shows.

just search how to tie band set and watch vids til one clicks and you go "oh yeah,that makes sense" :)

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
It's so simple once you get the hang of it. I would go to you tube and learn the constrictor knot then go to Simple Shot's Academy videos.
Nathan explains it well.
Oh, good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I do a square knot with crystal stuff and a constrictor with cotton both work well but now I really like the tape fast and easy for me.Practice makes perfect on this one.

Reactions: Tag

·
Ray Rowden
2,648 Posts
I think Raventree78 nailed the problem.

Whatever material you use, the band material must go through the hole in the pouch and form a short loop, and the tie must bind the band to itself - or close the loop. Knotting the band directly to the pouch is not recommended.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck!

·
Registered
173 Posts
kailiharley - honestly, I have never seen that method of band to pouch attachment before - very unusual! .... but you've probably figured that out by now - Be patient and enjoy the learning curve ! CHEERS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.