1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't wait for final product but take your time with that beautiful piece 馃槈
Thanks buddy done a couple from Hawthorn really like it 馃幆馃憣馃憡馃憤

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful! What finish do you typically use? I鈥檝e only made 1 slingshot; a natty and I used linseed oil. I wanna get more into it and make more. What are some other good finishes to use?
Buddy I only use tru-oil. I like it cause it keeps the natural colour of the wood 馃幆馃憣馃憡

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I love the finish and how the grain looks on your wood frames so I鈥檓 going to order a bottle and try it.
Listen once you get it message me and I will help you with applying it. You don't need more than the tip of your finger dipped for each coat. But theres other ways and oils out there that the other guys on here use so I would have a look at them as well. But if you do need help with it just msg 馃幆馃憣馃憤馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩

Registered
Stephen
Listen once you get it message me and I will help you with applying it. You don't need more than the tip of your finger dipped for each coat. But theres other ways and oils out there that the other guys on here use so I would have a look at them as well. But if you do need help with it just msg 馃幆馃憣馃憤馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩
Thanks, buddy! Appreciate it!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Boo, you cut that yet and what shape is it going to take if good?
Not yet buddy will be the weekend before I cut it into 2 blanks 馃幆 and I don't know yet what I'm going to do bud. I might just cut them to blanks then have there for customs 馃幆馃憤馃憣馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩

Registered
Hawthorn? That makes for a mighty nice looking frame there sir!
Like Proca Urban Fury said, take your time and enjoy - well if you want to I suppose. Don't great artists sometimes just get into a flurry of creativity and get it all done at once?
Hope I don't insult you, but your slingshots look like a work of art. Just saying.......

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hawthorn? That makes for a mighty nice looking frame there sir!
Like Proca Urban Fury said, take your time and enjoy - well if you want to I suppose. Don't great artists sometimes just get into a flurry of creativity and get it all done at once?
Hope I don't insult you, but your slingshots look like a work of art. Just saying.......
Na no insult buddy 馃挋馃憡馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩馃憤. I've made enough now that I've got them down to about 2hours work. I got 3 blanks cut then left them at work by mistake and the fucxing machine driver from another squad knocked 2 into the sewer 馃槥馃幆馃憡馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩馃憤馃憣

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[mention]Booral121 [/mention] some beautiful frames John, got that gorgeous grain that just pops when the oil hits it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Wait till you see what's in your box in the way of popping grain 馃憣馃憡 馃槻馃幆 I will send you a pm with your tracking number buddy as soon as I get on my break today. Ive a parcel coming to you and ones going to munro 馃憤馃幆馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩馃憡.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A little bit done aswell 馃幆馃憡馃憤

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts