Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently had a bright idea ( or not ? ) for those low on dough, or on a restricted budget, that gets you some free materials for building

slings.

Just pick up some of the various and free engineered flooring squares / samples from Home Depot or Lowes, etc., the next time you're in

there, and use those for PFS templates, or maybe even other smaller designs if a couple two or three are epoxied together to make them

thicker.

Most of them, especially the plywood samples, are 3/8" thick which is perfect for some PFS slings, and the others which I believe are MDF are

a bit thinner, but thought you could still give them a try, and once the pattern was cut out and sanded smooth.....soak the edges of the MDF samples

with some water thin CA glue for protection from the elements.

I think they'd make great little knock around / back pocket, carry anywhere PFS's IMHO.

What do y'all think ? :hmm:

Attachments

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also scrouge the junk piles outside of building renovations. Often good timber is discarded - skirting boards etc. Also great from making PFS's
Same here Matt, we have a lot of nice hardboard pallets come through work here, and somehow, the " right "

one just always seems to find it's way into the bed of my truck, LOL......pop the boards of, run em through the

Planer, and voila, instant / fantastic lumber for free.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I also scrouge the junk piles outside of building renovations. Often good timber is discarded - skirting boards etc. Also great from making PFS's
Same here Matt, we have a lot of nice hardboard pallets come through work here, and somehow, the " right "
one just always seems to find it's way into the bed of my truck, LOL......pop the boards of, run em through the
A lot of those are hickory, aren't they? That would work awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A lot of those are hickory, aren't they? That would work awesome!

@Duke1066.......I haven't seen any Hickory come through yet, but we get a lot of Oak and Maple, and often times the

Maple has some nice spalting to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts