Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Super Moderator
I'll second the skepticism above, very very few have broken the 500 fps mark here so 800+ fps seems pretty amazing.

It also seems like this would be pretty easy to test / replicate. Lots of people with chronographs here, and setting up a heat pack in an insulated bag like you suggest or getting some hot / boiling water to soak your bands in right before shooting over the chrony shouldn't be so hard.

It would be interesting to see if somebody could replicate this. 馃

On the flipside, many here have tested the cold tolerance of bands and found that some of the "cold tolerant" brands (Simpleshot and others) do slow down a bit in cold weather but give up less than 10% of velocity going from a near freezing morning to a pretty (80 degree F) afternoon, so the cold tolerant bands really seem to be pretty good.

Super Moderator
I agree testing is a great idea. Being skeptical is one thing, but actually trying to repeat it is another. I would have saved myself eating a lot of crow over the years if I had tried to confirm everything I didn't believe at first. And yes, this seems pretty magical fantastical, but I'll feel better about accepting or rejecting it when somebody tries to repeat it independently. I may even give it a go at some point, though it will be a while. I have several other things on my list to try and haven't had time to get to those lately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.