Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
I love knives and recently found the brand Helle from Norway. I really like their simple lines and quality steel. I purchased the "Viking" model blank. Laminated carbon steel blade with the forge scale still on the blade.

I made the handle from linen micarta and shaped it up for general bushcraft. It was a lot of fun to make this handle and a great way to have a custom knife for $30 and a few hours of time.

IMG_6018.JPG
IMG_6019.JPG
IMG_6020.JPG
IMG_6021.JPG
IMG_6023.JPG
IMG_6025.JPG
IMG_6026.JPG

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
Ragweed forge sells blades at great prices too.

Reactions: Thornbottom

·
2,089 Posts
That blade is $18 blade only.

·
2,089 Posts
That site's great for Norwegian blades!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Nathan, that is an awesome job you did on that knife. I will surely be ordering a blank from you. I have a Helle and use it almost every day, along with my Moras.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am a proud owner of a Helle Harding which I got as a present three years ago.

Helle-Harding.jpg

It is razor sharp and holds its edge well because of its laminated steel. I can only recommend those. I also thought to get blanks of them to make my own knives, but then hesitated as I am not into sheath making. Leather crafting is also one of things I'd like to learn. There are so much great craft activities but sadly not enough time. Nathan, do you also make your own knife sheaths?

Here is a short insight in the Helle manufacturing prcess if you haven't seen this vid yet. Every knife that leaves their workshop is handcrafted. This company has a great philosophy in my opinion.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Very nice knives! I like the video as I have not heard of Helle knives before. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts