Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, I've just joined. I've been slinging (sling, as in David and goliath) for quite a while, and I've picked up an interest is slingshots. Thing is, something went wack with the internet and buying stuff online doesn't work. Furthermore, I live in New York, and the Wal-mart out in Long Island ran out of slingshots. I have a bit of 3/4" plywood and 10 feet of latex tubing. The tubing appears to be dipped. The label read 1/4" x 3/8" x 10'. I tried making a slingshot, but the grip was horrible and the tubing went wrong- it was too hard to pull, and shot minimal distances when I let go. So, my first question- anyone point me out to a thread about good slingshot shapes? and then, ways to attach latex tubing to the slingshot and the pouch, and lastly, how much inches of tubing should I leave between the fork and the pouch? I'm stronger than the rest of my friends. However, you must remember that I am a city dweller, and therefore pretty weak. Can anyone point me in the right direction and answer my naive slingshot questions?

P.S- ahh, forgot to mention

Before registering, I looked at Joerg Sprave's videos. First of all, awesome accent. Secondly, I heard him say that flatbands need less pull for higher velocity. I foolishly then ordered green theraband off the internet. I have about 3 feet left. Same questions as above. Is green theraband useful for anything? How thin should I cut it? I looked around the site and everyone's talking about gold theraband. *facepalm* now I'm stuck with seemingly useless green theraband, all because I was intimidated of gold's "extra-heavy" resistance. Now the internet's wack. Any way I could use this? What dimensions should I cut it to? How do I attach it to a slingshot? Thanks again.

·
Registered
855 Posts
A good intro and primer to basic slingshot making can be found HERE at Melchior's site. Click on Making a slingshot on the lefthand side. I'm not a Thera Band expert, so I'll leave that to the more experienced.

Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Welcome!

Add enough green and you'll have as much power as you want. Do you want to trade for some of the blue stuff that I have? It's another brand but almost as thick as Thera-band Gold. The pull is comparable. I expect to be getting some Thera-band Gold in the post from forum member fish soon too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts