Slingshots Forum banner

Hello Everyone

902 views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  hoggy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone. Just wanted to thank China for getting me interested in shooting slingshots. Without them unleashing the Corona Virus (Wuhan Virus) upon the world I would not be sitting at home bored out of my mind looking for new hobbies like slingshot shooting I can do at home.

I bought an Axiom Ocularis from SimpleShot and can say their customer service is excellent. I will have to make a point of doing business with Simpleshot and not China.

Thanks again China for the Virus and getting me interested in slingshot shooting and thanks Aaron at Simpleshot for your great customer service.

#3 ·
Howdy partner. Keep positive, keep practicing, keep learning/ asking questions, and having fun.

If you ask anyone on this post if there any good at sling shots, I bet no one says that there any better than just OK. Or that there only good at this sport every other day.

#11 ·
Welcome!

Having been to China and see how restrictive the country is on its population. With Hong Kong being integrated they (HK) are not happy with the prospects of loosing their freedoms - in fact almost got stuck in China as a result of protest action... And TBH there are some nice stuff that comes from China - and companies like Dankung and GSK also have good solid customer service.

Simpleshot is an awesome company - and solid. I have a few of their products and happy with them all. And Nathan is a pleasure to deal with. The same can be said for Pocket Predator and Bill Hays. I also have a good few Chinese frames :)

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
LOL!

I'm a graphic designer - can work anywhere I have power a computer and internet. Most of my clients I deal with online.

To cut a long story short. South African born. Emigrated to the Uk in 2010 - there for a few years. Wife got ill due to light etc. So looked for an alternative place to settle. Spent some time in France - But 'settled' in Portugal, then Brexit had us move back to the uk - were there for another year - then realised wasn't going to pan out as expected - so moved back to Portugal. But the damage as a result of the first few years in the Uk ended up in me splitting from my wife. Headed back to the Uk for a bit - but then decided to get 'home' to SA for a while. However kids need their dad - so have now moved back to Portugal. Its been a rollercoaster few years ;-)

Spent time in Germany and China on business - I was in in China a month or so before the virus broke out in fact.

I finally got back into slingshots when being back in the Uk after the Brexit move. Though had wanted to pick it up again since before we left the uk. Just the modern style of frames had me a little flumuxed - didn't quite know where to start at that time. Though probably had the best opportunity to shoot at that stage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.