Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is James, and I'm fairly new to slingshots and have no idea really where to start on making them.
I know, "chop a branch and shape it" but it's not as simple as it sounds... How do I know if the branch will be strong enough, or thick enough, ect. I'm also lost when it comes to making pouches... Where does everyone get their materials. I have no clue where to get "top grain leather" or anything like that, let alone in strips so I could make it into a proper pouch shape...The only thing I understand is the bands.
I apologize for being some what long winded, but as soon as I found this hobby, I fell in love with it, but there is so much that confuses me about it and keeps me from enjoying it throughly.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Welcome, the forum is full of information on all aspects of slingshot making.
Do a search for anything you need.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Welcome to SSF. Yup, good info there on the link that LGD put up for you. Take a look in the galley section as well at some of the naturals that
people are making. Gives you a visual idea of what shape and thickness, fork height, etc works well for the most part.

·
See The Target
21,433 Posts
Welcome aboard.Slingshots are very simple. Just get started and do it. There is an infinite number of. possibilities.You'll learn as you go.Don't over think or analyze or you'll never get started.GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Hi James, several shooters in WVA. Welcome to the forum! -- Tex

·
Super Genius
337 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Be on the lookout for Kipken and BoKennedy as they will try to further your addiction. What is Sick Minded Gaming and Sick Minded Armory?
funny you say that, he's my little brother!! hahaha...

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum. Be on the lookout for Kipken and BoKennedy as they will try to further your addiction. What is Sick Minded Gaming and Sick Minded Armory?
funny you say that, he's my little brother!! hahaha...
[/quote] little brother, yes.... but I have a feeling I'll be teaching you a thing or two about this stuff before the summer even ends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts