Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Guys,

I'm from Belgium and just came in the world of slingshots.
I wanted something to shoot but not too noisy so I can play (and carry) with it nearly everywhere. I think that a slingshot is the best for that.

So I bought a Slimline italian sling... but was disapointed of its acuracy! What a bad sling, designed for fishermans more than for aiming something.
I read Hugues comments about the Hogancastings milbro and decided to buy two of them (one discrete and one more effective).

After some discussions, I will receive a Pocket Poacher and a Milbro repro... hope soon.

As I couldn't wait too much, I just made this natural one, with a fresh cut birch wood and 16 mm large rubber bands. Brands of the bands are "Standard" and come from "Hevea Brasiliensis" tree.
One particularity of these bands is that I had to reajust the length that where longer and longer after some shots. After twoo adjustments, I think it's now definitive lenght.
I now can reach a can from 6 meters without any problems, and reach my "target" every 2 or 3 shots at 10 meters distance... lets hope I will improve it.

I'll post a review of the two coming soon slings when I get them.

Electric blue Font Fashion accessory Metal Event

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Hello Guys,

I'm from Belgium and just came in the world of slingshots.
I wanted something to shoot but not too noisy so I can play (and carry) with it nearly everywhere. I think that a slingshot is the best for that.

So I bought a Slimline italian sling... but was disapointed of its acuracy! What a bad sling, designed for fishermans more than for aiming something.
I read Hugues comments about the Hogancastings milbro and decided to buy two of them (one discrete and one more effective).

After some discussions, I will receive a Pocket Poacher and a Milbro repro... hope soon.

As I couldn't wait too much, I just made this natural one, with a fresh cut birch wood and 16 mm large rubber bands. Brands of the bands are "Standard" and come from "Hevea Brasiliensis" tree.
One particularity of these bands is that I had to reajust the length that where longer and longer after some shots. After twoo adjustments, I think it's now definitive lenght.
I now can reach a can from 6 meters without any problems, and reach my "target" every 2 or 3 shots at 10 meters distance... lets hope I will improve it.

I'll post a review of the two coming soon slings when I get them.

View attachment 5156
Hi your PPl and the repo vintage milbro are in the post to you .I just tent you an Email with your tracking number and a BIG welcome to a grate place for slingshots
Pete

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Welcome Litboy ! Glad to have a new member. You couldn't have chosen a better company to buy your slingshot from. They are great people and have been wonderful to work with by many of our members. Enjoy you smart choices of slingshots because they are right there among the best slingshots ever made.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

Thank you for your welcome.

Yesterday's evening I had 15 min to kill so... took a simple design from the forum and go on.

My practice is this one: I shoot every day a dozen of stones* while I'm outside with the dog (2 times a day).

My wife dislike everything that can be an arm (knives, airsoft guns, slings etc...) so I try to be the most discrete possible.

I've a question about that rubber that becomes longer after some shots... is it like that for every rubber bands? Like I say, I think it's now at a definitive length, I'll see.

* In french, slingshots are called "lance pierres", that means "stones launcher".

Attachments

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
WOW!

Glad to have you hear with us, I think it is vary obvious that you too have contracted the bug. We are all diseased with the slingshot craze.

You have chosen some great designs, and you have made them pretty well. In time you will hone your sanding, filing, and then finishing (sealing) skills.

From what I can see, you are using single very large rubberbands, that usually slowly elongate over time. Yet, they still are a viable option for slingshot bands, most other elastic options will either tear or lose their snap before they elongate too much......but it does happen.

Take care, and keep it up!

Cheers - John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.