Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello slingshot community!

I'm a newbie from Brazil, recently started making my own slingshots from Guava wood just like we used to do here in Brazil in my childhood.
But when I found this community on the web something has changed in my mind... I've realized new levels can be reached.

My current doubts are:
1) What is the best string to attach flat bands to the pouch and to the fork? I've seen Mr. Sprave using polypropylene material but could not find it to buy.
2) What is the best kind of wood to build the fork?

Best regards!
Alexandre.

· See The Target
21,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A cotton twine like the butcher uses to wrap meat works well. There are many suitable woods. Always keeping grain orientation and design working together for a safe and strong slingshot. Some designs are not suitable to be made out of wood.Surf around past posts for many examples of good combinations Good Luck!

· Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Hello Alexandre, welcome to the forum. You can find out all the answers you need over here (1- the best is what you feel better - 2 which fork? Natural, boardcut....etc?) , just have a look at tutorials as Sofreto suggested, you will learn a lot. Cheers, Bob.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the quick reply.

Bob: I'm looking for a resistent string since the cottom twine (as mentioned by user treefork) did not work well for me. Would you have any suggestion?
About the fork, I'll try something like the boardcut style (I guess this is the A+ slingshots style).

· Registered
1,018 Posts
to attach bands to the fork and to the pouch i tend to slice up my old used band sets into slithers about 10 cm long and about 3mm wide and just use the wrap and tuck method to secure the ties. this works well for me and is a well known and well used method.

hope that i have helped, happy shooting

· Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Olympics in 2016 Rio. Gonna be great.

Reactions: Mr.Teh
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.