Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there fellow shooters,

As a Chinese, we could not carry guns, slingshots may be the only things that "shoots" which we could play legally aha.

Attached the one I play most recently, I have to say there are big difference among what we are playing with you guys.

If there anything you want to know about china slingshots, I am here wiling to help:)

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome Do you tie your bands and or tubes similar to the US style?
Hi Tag thanks for asking! I once tie my bands too, china has a new design on slingshots called"spring fast press clip", make things much easier, I can replace the bands in few seconds. Then I never tie bands again:)

And this design makes the bands fixed on the top of the frame leveling, get a very good directivity too, good for aiming.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hello and welcome

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome! Super cool! I am most curious about the stainless steel used in China slings. Some are slightly magnetic, do they use more nickle in Chinese Stainless. Does this affect strength of steel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome! Super cool! I am most curious about the stainless steel used in China slings. Some are slightly magnetic, do they use more nickle in Chinese Stainless. Does this affect strength of steel?
Hi Forkless! the material we mostly use on slingshots in china is 440 steel, 304 steel or TC21 titanium alloy, I am not sure what elements exactly in there but they both strong enough, the ones you mentioned which are slightly magnetic may made by 440 SS :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi Forkless! the material we mostly use on slingshots in china is 440 steel, 304 steel or TC21 titanium alloy, I am not sure what elements exactly in there but they both strong enough, the ones you mentioned which are slightly magnetic may made by 440 SS :)
very good to know! Thank you :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.