Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I received my Simpleshot Scout XT this week along with some plastic and metal ammo. Having a great time. Currenly I am a pretty poor shot, but I see improvement after only a few days. Looking forward to lots of practice and having fun. I set up an indoor range in the basement of about only 15 feet using a bedsheet and a paper target, but it does the trick. Look forward to learning from you all and contributing where I can.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Welcome from NY. Where in CT? I have friends in Shelton.

You'll need very light bands for that plastic ammo. You'll end up with lots of hand slap and if you try to push plastic too fast they tend to fly erratically. Doesn't do any good when you're starting out if your setup isn't working well for you. Clay ammo is a better safe option to start with in my opinion. You can push it harder than plastic and the transition to steel (3/8, 9mm) isn't that big of a leap. Whatever you decide just be sure to have fun!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! I'm in Fairfield CT. About 20 minutes from Shelton. I have 2 brothers nearby, a couple of exits past the shelton exit. Lots of friends and family on L.I.

I bought the plastic mainly for basic training. I'm still trying to get a feel for what works best for me. I have shot steel 1/4" ammo outdoors, but I feel that plasic may be a better option indoors. At some point I will give clay ammo a try. I have different band sets and steel ammo sizes on order so I can experiment with different configurations. I also have my slingshot bands set up with OTT, but may try TTF to see how it feels. Lots of stuff to try.

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
Hey all. I received my Simpleshot Scout XT this week along with some plastic and metal ammo. Having a great time. Currenly I am a pretty poor shot, but I see improvement after only a few days. Looking forward to lots of practice and having fun. I set up an indoor range in the basement of about only 15 feet using a bedsheet and a paper target, but it does the trick. Look forward to learning from you all and contributing where I can.
You hit it on the head - now you'll learn from us (or, in hillbilly country us'n), and eventually we'll learn from you.

Hurry up - I'll be 75 in two weeks!

Welcome,

THWACK!

·
2,565 Posts
Hey! I'm in Fairfield CT. About 20 minutes from Shelton. I have 2 brothers nearby, a couple of exits past the shelton exit. Lots of friends and family on L.I.

I bought the plastic mainly for basic training. I'm still trying to get a feel for what works best for me. I have shot steel 1/4" ammo outdoors, but I feel that plasic may be a better option indoors. At some point I will give clay ammo a try. I have different band sets and steel ammo sizes on order so I can experiment with different configurations. I also have my slingshot bands set up with OTT, but may try TTF to see how it feels. Lots of stuff to try.
You'll want to check out existing YT vids re: what weight ammo works best with what material/length bands and pouches.

ALWAYS a good place to start learning such things (and loads of others) is via our beloved forum member, Nathan Masters at Simple-Shot.com. See his YT vids. Great products and service, BTW!

If you have a question about anything slingshot/slingshooting related, heed the advice given by our much respected forum member, "Treefork". "Search" for the topic, look for his name, and BINGO! you'll be "edumumcated"!

And lastly, if you need a laugh, read my posts - but never take me seriously after my first sentence. You'll get the hang of it. Mussolini did.

THWACK!

Reactions: Tag and chilibbqhh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You hit it on the head - now you'll learn from us (or, in hillbilly country us'n), and eventually we'll learn from you.

Welcome,

THWACK!

Happy almost 75th B'day. I'll be 55 in early May. I am the OLD DOG learning new tricks. Cheers!

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Hello! :D Welcome to Stage 1 Slingitus. You will be temporarily be fascinated by manufactured slings and will accumulate a stable of them.

Stage 2; You will began to notice Custom slingshots and go broke buying them. :slap: Stage 3 You will start to see potential slingshots in EVERYTHING. :headbang: Stage 4 you will began to build Slingshot's. :panic: Stage 5, buying tools, supplies acquiring material and seeking information on woods, styles, latex, band tapers and finishes. Then? :imslow: Stage 6 You will start to trade! :aahhhh: From there? Stage 7; Challenges :battle:

By then you will be completely mad :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello! :D Welcome to Stage 1 Slingitus. You will be temporarily be fascinated by manufactured slings and will accumulate a stable of them.

Stage 2; You will began to notice Custom slingshots and go broke buying them. :slap: Stage 3 You will start to see potential slingshots in EVERYTHING. :headbang: Stage 4 you will began to build Slingshot's. :panic: Stage 5, buying tools, supplies acquiring material and seeking information on woods, styles, latex, band tapers and finishes. Then? :imslow: Stage 6 You will start to trade! :aahhhh: From there? Stage 7; Challenges :battle:

Wow. A lot of stuff to look forward to. I'm already starting to see everything as a potential target. Saved 3 tuna lids the other day. Maybe some day I'll even hit one.

·
2,565 Posts

Wow. A lot of stuff to look forward to. I'm already starting to see everything as a potential target. Saved 3 tuna lids the other day. Maybe some day I'll even hit one.
Thought you were going to say that you see the potential of three tuna can lids as the beginning of a custom made slingshot ...

THWACK!

Reactions: Tag and chilibbqhh

·
2,565 Posts
Careful! You'll fall down the rabbit hole before you know it! Welcome to the forum!
And he'll accumulate a LOT of carrots!

THWACK!

Reactions: Tag

·
2,565 Posts

Welcome,

THWACK!

Happy almost 75th B'day. I'll be 55 in early May. I am the OLD DOG learning new tricks. Cheers!
Happy almost 55 to you, buddy!

THWACK!

Reactions: Tag

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts