Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody!

I'm Stefan a 31 years old newbie from Hungary. I'm very happy to found this forum, because I'm planning
to make my first Catty. I have still just one slingshot, a China made commercial thing. Not really good stuff... :-S

I remember, when I was child we always used bicycle inner tube for slingshot band. Is it still a good option compare to
modern materials like Thera-band? Has anybody tried it?

...and one another thing: Yesterday, when I brushed my teeth :) I thought, that dental-fluss could be also a very good
thing to tie a new slingshot. It is strong enough and waxed (if it is good at all, I don't know..). What do you think about this??

Glad to be here!

Stefan

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I just don't have enough practice in it... :-(

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome Stefan! Glad to have you here. Not sure about bike inner tube but Theraband is popular for slingshots. The Gold stuff is the strongest and many shooters here use it. I have the Gold from my Fish Hunters and tho a bit short, it is some powerful stuff. I have other exercise latex to cut up soon. It's a good option for slingshots. Cutting it properly is the key. As for Dental wax, funny you bring that up. I had some waxed and thought "I'll try this to tie and see how it works. I put it on My Hunter with a set of flats and it held up well. I just wondered if it would work so tried it.
Im not sure how long it would hold up or if the floss is bad for the bands. I can see it being too "bitey" with the bands tho..

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hi Stefan !
Nice to have you here this is a great forum for slingshooters.You learn everyday something new from here.By the way I am hungarian as well.I would talk hungarian but I am not positive its allowed here. Imre
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, im writing here because im also hungarian :)My hungarian name is József but simply call me Joe. Iam really new to slingshot but i want to buy one , i 'd like to use it for hunting and fun stuff( may i want the best slingshot if it is possible lmao) So i want your help to find and get the best slingshot.
Thank you in advance

G

·
Hello everyone, im writing here because im also hungarian :)My hungarian name is József but simply call me Joe. Iam really new to slingshot but i want to buy one , i 'd like to use it for hunting and fun stuff( may i want the best slingshot if it is possible lmao) So i want your help to find and get the best slingshot. Thank you in advance
there is no best slingshot in the world,try to find some good for u.lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for wishes. I didnt really mean to get the "best" slingshot( thats why i wrote if it is possible) but i know its not possible lol I just want a good one thats all.

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Welcome aboard Stefan! Yes the waxed string is very good for tying. As far as a slingshot for your self, I would say start of with a natural fork or make a board cut. All you need for either is a saw,file or rasp and some sandpaper. Plenty of people on here that would be willing to help you out Bud. Right now latex exercise bands(Theraband-Resistband-) are doing pretty good for slingshots so that would be a good bet. Good luck and any questions ,ask away! Flatband

1 - 9 of 9 Posts