Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello all,

I am Magesh P from Chennai, India. I am a 32 year old Attorney practising in the Chartered High Court at Chennai. I recently discovered the joy of slingshots when I was playing with an inflated balloon with a string attached on one end. I was playing with my 2 yo son with this ball and swinging it around and releasing it when it picked up pace. It acted as a basic sling. One thing led to another and I am now hooked with slingshots. My wife despises this hobby of mine and calls it childish! I hold the slingshot in my left hand, use flatbands like theraband gold and the black bands from simpleshot. I own an Axiom ocularis, an alloy pinch-grip slingshot from China and one other from China as well. I made a simple natural tree-fork slingshot and attached a flat band to it as well. I shoot at soda cans for pleasure and shoot at paper targets to check my accuracy. Using 8mm Steel BBs and 10mm glass marbles, I can consistently shoot a target group of approximately 2 inches diameter from 20 to 25 feet. This is within 2 weeks of practice. I sincerely hope to achieve greater accuracy from farther distances with practice. Hope this forum helps me in this passion of mine and I hope to contribute whatever little knowledge I possess to help others here. Cheers. Happy shooting!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the club, you're should know that slingshots bows are similar and archery historically wasn't child's play.
That's true. But I cannot win an argument with my wife, she's an Attorney as well!

Reactions: 8rnw8

·
Slingshot Warrior
1,306 Posts
Welcome to the club, you're should know that slingshots bows are similar and archery historically wasn't child's play.
That's true. But I cannot win an argument with my wife, she's an Attorney as well!
Oh boy that sounds like a fun marriage LOL! :bonk: :bonk: :rolling: :rolling:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts