Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm a video game developer currently working in Maryland, and I am fairly new to slingshot shooting (other than the same wrist rocket apparently everyone had as a kid).

I started a couple weeks ago by ordering some bandsets and 3D printing a frame. I've found it difficult to dial in myself (by wasting a lot of plastic on reprints), so just yesterday I ordered a frame from Simple Shot. I want to learn on something designed well before experimenting with my own stuff.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can from all of you!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Sound like your on your way. Learning to shoot first is a good idea. Figure what works for you and what you like in a sling and then you can make 1 or a 1000 for yourself.

NeverSettleForCommon N.S.F.C

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,492 Posts
Welcome from Georgia, and good choice on SimpleShot....also check out pocketpredator for some really nice slings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tag

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: Tag and Tremoside

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm a video game developer currently working in Maryland, and I am fairly new to slingshot shooting (other than the same wrist rocket apparently everyone had as a kid).

I started a couple weeks ago by ordering some bandsets and 3D printing a frame. I've found it difficult to dial in myself (by wasting a lot of plastic on reprints), so just yesterday I ordered a frame from Simple Shot. I want to learn on something designed well before experimenting with my own stuff.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can from all of you!
Hi Kaiju :)

Nice choice of hobby beside game art. After the desk marathon it is great to walk out and shoot some rounds.

Totally feel your 3D print challenge. It takes time to collect the real world experiences from already existing frames till you can effectively design your own customs. Even if you have some CAD-Poly-Sculpt tools at hands. You did well picking up a starter frame. On the other hand just look around this forum and you will dig up some amazing concepts to tinker with.

Welcome on board,

Tremo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.