Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings everybody and happy Easter.

this is my first time posting here.

i've approahced slingshooting few months ago with good results but now i think i am loosing my skills (maybe Target Panic).

so i am here to share my experience and learn from you.

wish you a pleasant day!

Elie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome!

You are maybe concentrating too much? Or could be an issue with your frame... elastic worn etc.
yeah maybe!

after few months of shooting using chinese slingshot (the stainless one with sight) with good results i discovered 2 weeks ago to have the instinct shooting. it was great to fix the target, draw and shoot and hit instinctivly. but unfortunatly i am not having stable results lately.

also, i am developing some kind of tendinites (my right elbow, wrist and shoulder hurts ) so i think i should stop practicing for a while.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Welcome!

Bands being to heavy can cause inaccuracy, inconsistent pouch grip/anchor point and boo-boos on the wrist, elbow and shoulder. Try switching to bands about half of the draw weight you have now.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Pain is not good. You might try light bands and ammo and work on form. Could be that you are missing now because you are shooting instinctively and getting sloppy with your form which is straining your body. Just a thought.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hi from Scotland! I hope you are well, I'm new in here myself & need learn as the last slingshot I had was many many years back & like everything else tech has advanced here from the humble Milbro!

Welcome!

Bands being to heavy can cause inaccuracy, inconsistent pouch grip/anchor point and boo-boos on the wrist, elbow and shoulder. Try switching to bands about half of the draw weight you have now.
Consider me an idiot (I understand draw weight in bows as I've made many flatbows..) but how do you equate band strength in terms of draw weight? So far I know there are different band thicknesses. Could you explain this or direct me to another thread? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pain is not good. You might try light bands and ammo and work on form. Could be that you are missing now because you are shooting instinctively and getting sloppy with your form which is straining your body. Just a thought.
i guess you're right. yesterday i tried shooting with precise .45mm band cut 18/12 mm, and yes i shot more confortably and with better accuracy.

cheers

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,563 Posts
Atsa nisa! Welcome to our (that includes you now) very friendly and incredibly informative forum.

You'll love it here!

THWACK!

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,563 Posts
Reactions: gelie68
1 - 20 of 20 Posts