Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a slingshot with the original goal of discouraging a few pigeons making a mess on my roof. I was unaware of slingshot models other than the wrist rocket style with tubes I had as a kid. My local Walmart was sold out, so I decided to do some research on what else was out there and promptly fell down this very deep rabbit hole.

I got a Scout LT and some 7/16 steel to get started. Built a catch-box in the garage and I'm having a blast. I've been shooting all my life to include some competition and I have to say this is just as much fun and way less expensive. I love the level of experimentation you can do with variations of band weights, tapers, and ammo sizes. It reminds me of working on hand loads for rifles.

This forum is an awesome resource and I expect I'll be spending a lot of time here learning from all you smart folks. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

-Scrat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Welcome! As you have found out, the tip of a dragons tail is as fine as a needle. If you pick it up,. by the time you realize what you have it has you

·
Registered
962 Posts
Those pigeons will be on the stove in no time. You may want to let one escape so it can tell all the others to stay away from your property.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those pigeons will be on the stove in no time. You may want to let one escape so it can tell all the others to stay away from your property.
I'm starting to get dialed in. Before too long they'll need to start getting nervous. I like your suggestion, and the bonus is when I miss I can claim it was on purpose haha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome Scrat glad to have ya here. there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. I got my start shooting, reloading and competition out near Gallup not to mention all the prime practice attempting to put a dent in the prairie dog population. This hobby gets in your blood just the same but def cost less.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum Scrat.....Darrell from Georgia.
You're off to a good start with a Scout LT, great frame.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the forum Scrat.....Darrell from Georgia.
You're off to a good start with a Scout LT, great frame.

I don't have much to compare it to, but I really like it. Shoots great and the price was really good. I really like the flip clips too. Saved a lot of time playing around with different bands and trying out both TTF and OTT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts