Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Ricardo and I'm 23 years old. I live in Baião , a "small" village that have almost twice the size of the Portugal capital and is located in Porto.

When I was in the army, at the 18 years old, I was fascinating with target sports. After a accident that put me 2 years in the hospital I carved my first Bow from wood and pvc pipes and the story begins :naughty:

Yesterday I was searching for some blueprints for a new bow and I find a video of a slingshot. "Oh men...". When I was younger my father give me a choice between a slingshot or a air rifle. I choosed a air rifle and almost never used because I didn't have enough power to bend the string , ahahahah.

I missed my opportunity to use a slingshot, and I'm really interested in do my first one and start praticing.

In my journey, would be nice to learn more, share, and make some friends.

Thanks for read all of this and sorry for any bad english.

Have a nice day ;-)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!

It would be nice a meetup. And if you have opportunity to visit Baião, it's one of a kind piece of nature. It's a really nice place and a lot of things to see. Located between two mountain and a Douro river. You need 50 minutes from Porto to arrive. But you can also use train to arrive and all the traveling is on the river coast.

If you search on Google for Baião you Will find ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes , it's possible. You have the main river, Douro. And a lot of small rivers connected to the main river.

I never tried fly fishing, I prefer deep fishing when you use heavy lures to get the fish that are near the bottom.

They are pretty big and delicious. Ahahahah

·
Super Moderator
6,673 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts