Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice! Welcome. I'm new-ish too.
Where about in SoCal do you slingshot? I'm in the SFV.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello, Martintrj !

Oh ! So, we are neibors each others !
Well, tbh I don't really know where you can practice slingshot in SoCal. I haven't got my catty yet from shop that I've order it from so ...
But we must use common senses.
Since, using any projectile devices are so prohibited using it in public so either you should do it in your back yard or perhaps, rural vacant property with owners permission ?
I would do it in Middle of Mojave desert. LoL
Plus , right now on a news some guy is shooting a pellet gun or some sort over 91 fwys, right ? I don't wanna get caught by bunch of officers for not committing any crime by mistake! No ! I don't wanna get killed by them ! Lol Yes ! I want to breath ! fresh air all the time every time ????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice! Welcome. I'm new-ish too.
Where about in SoCal do you slingshot? I'm in the SFV.
Hello, Martintrj !

Oh ! So, we are neibors each others !
Well, tbh I don't really know where you can practice slingshot in SoCal. I haven't got my catty yet from shop that I've order it from so ...
But we must use common senses.
Since, using any projectile devices are so prohibited using it in public so either you should do it in your back yard or perhaps, rural vacant property with owners permission ?
I would do it in Middle of Mojave desert. LoL
Plus , right now on a news some guy is shooting a pellet gun or some sort over 91 fwys, right ? I don't wanna get caught by bunch of officers for not committing any crime by mistake! No ! I don't wanna get killed by them ! Lol Yes ! I want to breath ! fresh air all the time every time
Of course you don't want to get in trouble. For now I'm building muscle memory at home so I made a portable backstop. I guess as long as you practice common sense you could shoot in your backyard or sweet talk your way into shooting at your local range like Oak gun club on the 5 freeway lol. What slingshot are you getting?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
???? I think employees at gun ranges gonna kick me out for showing up with slingshot and asking whether is it okay to use it at thier range to practice ...lol that must be a such a insult to them . ????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not quite, I did just that and asked the guy in charge of the archery area if I could shoot my crossbow there. He said yes as long as I bring my own target. Also my air rifles though I haven't shot it there yet.
I'll talk to him and ask if we can shoot our slingshots there. The worst that can happen is that he says no or that he kicks me out of the range lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, you can own and use crossbows in California ? I didn't know that. I have more interested in Compound bows and recurb bows tho.Using them makes bit more challenging . Real guns,cross bows kinds makes me bit yawn to me . ????

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey!

Welcome to the forum! This place is a treasure trove and not afraid of constructive criticism where it warrants, but also not afraid to compliment your set up. It's an awesome place.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i recently moved to California and the laws are a lot different from home(Ohio). I just got into shooting slingshots and was wondering about the laws for it, tips for the weather(high heat,strong winds)ect. Anyways its cool to see that its a popular hobby on the west coast!

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
2,414 Posts
Hi i recently moved to California and the laws are a lot different from home(Ohio). I just got into shooting slingshots and was wondering about the laws for it, tips for the weather(high heat,strong winds)ect. Anyways its cool to see that its a popular hobby on the west coast!
🤠 🍻 🌵 Welcome from Az 🌵 🍻 🤠

1 - 20 of 21 Posts