Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my name is Bobby and I am 31 years old. I recently started messing around with making natural fork slingshots. As a child I had a couple of slingshots of the years. I mainly shot cn and things, I never really took that much interest in them. Years later I find myself very interested in simple, dare I say more primative ways of doing things. I am an eclectic hobbyist woodworker, making minor things as I want. Walking sticks, toys, etc. Every year I attent the Blueridge Folklife festival here, it celebrates all the old mountain ways. Every year there is a man there who makes and sells natural fork slingshots, he even has a little shooting gallery set up so you can test them out. I never took a deep interest in them till this past year and something sparked inside of me to test one out.

After that I have been thinking about them alot. I made my first slingshot for my wife with a dogwood fork and braided rubberbands. I then made one for myself out of blacklocust and latex tubing, finally I made one for my son out of black locust and a bit of spandex(we feel he is too young for anything more powerful)

During all of this I began searching the web for slingshot information. I am highly cuious into the history and evolution of the slingshot. It also lead me here to yall. I love all the types of slingshots and really want to try my hand at making all of them, but I think I enjoy natural forks the best.

I use mine almost daily, it works great to drie off raccoons and opossums.

Anyway I am glad to have found yalll and have enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and opinions, thanks for creating such a great place.

Bobby

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Welcome Bobby, slingshots can be addictive. I think that the man that you see at Blue Ridge Folk Life Festival is Blue Skeen. He is some times referred to as the Howard Hill of slingshots. I know him and talk to him once in a while. He is a great guy! I hope that you enjoy the forum. - Tex

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Welcome aboard Longshot! We can always make more room for one more slingshot nut!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts