Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
hey folks.. how's it going... just thought i would post a quick hello... this forum kept popping up while i was searching for info. online.. my name is Mike and i live in the coastal redwoods of the Santa Cruz mtns.. we are family of Traditional Archers... i have been an avid trad. bow shooter/bowhunter for many years.. my wife and both our boys are all longbow shooters as well.. my boys (ages 5 & 12) started shooting longbows at age of 5.. they rock.
with the exception of our bows, i make all of our archery tackle, arrows, strings and leather goods.. i am also a self proclaimed knife junkie and do a lot of custom sheath work.. i frequent a few other knife/bushcraft realted forums..

i am farily new to the sport of slingshots and look forward to learning more about the sport.. though i grew up shooting wrist rockets, i recently put in an order for 3 custom wood catty's, from Tom over at www.bunnybuster.com one fork for me and 2 naturals for my 2 boys... i am really looking forward to checking them out and i'm sure they won't be my last..

cheers.. Mike

me.

the misses..

the little dude..

big brother..

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Nice to meet you!!! Glad to have you here on the forum!!! My family and I used to be big into traditional archery!!! We do more slingshots today though. Great pics too!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
many thanks for the warm wlecome, once again folks...

Nice to meet you!!! Glad to have you here on the forum!!! My family and I used to be big into traditional archery!!! We do more slingshots today though. Great pics too!!!
cheers Perry.. i really like your work and hope to be able to get a PS-1 or PS-2 soon...

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
Good to have you with us Mike! You have half the battle won already-you are all traditional archers-They make very good slingshot shooters!
Flatband

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome. I, like you, have been involved in traditional archery for the last 10 years. I make all my own equipment, but after making 40 or so bows was ready for something new. I have been into slingshots 1 month, and have made 4, 2 more in the works. It is a blast. There is a lot of wisdom and very helpful guys on this site.
Chuck S.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
hey folks.. how's it going... just thought i would post a quick hello... this forum kept popping up while i was searching for info. online.. my name is Mike and i live in the coastal redwoods of the Santa Cruz mtns.. we are family of Traditional Archers... i have been an avid trad. bow shooter/bowhunter for many years.. my wife and both our boys are all longbow shooters as well.. my boys (ages 5 & 12) started shooting longbows at age of 5.. they rock.
with the exception of our bows, i make all of our archery tackle, arrows, strings and leather goods.. i am also a self proclaimed knife junkie and do a lot of custom sheath work.. i frequent a few other knife/bushcraft realted forums..

i am farily new to the sport of slingshots and look forward to learning more about the sport.. though i grew up shooting wrist rockets, i recently put in an order for 3 custom wood catty's, from Tom over at www.bunnybuster.com one fork for me and 2 naturals for my 2 boys... i am really looking forward to checking them out and i'm sure they won't be my last..

cheers.. Mike

me.

the misses..

the little dude..

big brother..
Mike
Welcome to the forum.
Your slingshots are on the way.
I hope you will like them.
Tom

·
Registered
410 Posts
many thanks for the warm welcome once again folks... i am excited to be here...

Mike
Welcome to the forum.
Tom
thanks Tom.. they look great.. we are looking forward to checking them out... the boys are excited and so am I..

what is the wood, on the 2 naturals??

cheers.. Mike

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Mike
Welcome to the forum.
Tom
thanks Tom.. they look great.. we are looking forward to checking them out... the boys are excited and so am I..

what is the wood, on the 2 naturals??

cheers.. Mike
[/quote]
Mike,
Not 100% sure...but I think they are birch.
Yours is old growth, curly black walnut.

Tom

·
Registered
315 Posts
Glad you found your way over here, bro. Your gonna like it, a bunch of slingshot shooting fools and apparently a few slingshot scientists these days. Lol.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Lovely Bows! I've always wanted to try my hand at traditional archery! Anyway you shouldn't struggle even with the most powerful slingshots!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome from an ex- Santa Cruz Mountain dweller. I lived off of Black Road for 8 years and had an archery range in the back yard. I too make and shoot archery equipment. I love your bows, nice work.
Unfortunately, I live in San Jose now and don't shoot as much as I like.

You will like it here!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.