Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone !!

I am G.,the Ligerian Shooter.

I am 46 years old and i live in Tours (Indre et Loire,France) for 14 years now, just near the Loire (longest french river) where i use to practice -hence my nickname-

I am rather new to slinghots,since end of 2018/start of 2019.I was looking for a shooting sport,at first i wanted to practice bow but slingshots just hooked my imagination....and i am totally addicted now.

I shoot mostly mudballs with light bands (0,4-0,45) because the french legislation is very hard with weapons. If i got caught by the cops i will probably have a fine,but i hope to prove my good intentions with this kind of setups,rather than if i was shooting steel balls with heavy bands.

I am mostly into chinese gear,because they are affordable,decent quality and precise (no i don't use **** alloy ones) .

I also like to have an aiming point on my frames because my eyesight is not good anymore (i need glasses !) so it is helping me a lot to align everything the right way

I love to watch the work of makers and artisans,maybe i'll buy one of yours someday but for the moment i'm exploring the shapes of the chinese stuff to figure out which ergonomics fits me better.

Well that's all i have to say for the moment,i hope to find lots of good data on this forum,have nice chats,look at great frames and have many contacts from all around the world !

SkaDpmv.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cheers for the welcome guys !!

Sadly i have no hope to see a slingshot club in France with the actual weapons politics here.

As a French guy said in a thread of this forum : https://slingshotforum.com/topic/10320-lance-pierres-de-france/?p=116886

"Si tu montes une association, tu pourrais finir affilié à une fédération de tir dans un entrepôt fermé avec des sacs de sable tout autour, interdit aux mineurs avec des lunettes, des gants, un casque, des munitions aux normes, des élastiques homologués limités en puissance et obligatoirement achetés avec la TVA et probablement tu te diras :"j'étais mieux dans mon jardin à tirer des noisettes pour les ouvrir!"

Translation : If you open a club,you will end up affiliated to a shooting federation in a warehouse with sandbags all around,forbidden to kids underage,with security glasses,gloves,a helmet,standardized ammunitions,homologated bands with limited power and bought with heavy taxes,and you will probably say to yourself "i was better in my backyard shooting nuts to open them !!"

·
Super Moderator
6,676 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts