Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I used to make my own slingshots back when I was youngin from ftree branch forks. Used to chop down and again always in search of a perfect staight fork. I remember going to the bike shops and using the tubes(tire tubes) and cutting the strands. Good ol' days. Just getting back into shooting after 26 years of break. LOL

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Welcome peresh,
Enjoy the forum. Great people here. I'm glad you are making some more memories and New "good ol' days." Keep slingshooting alive!!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Greetings from Los Angeles, peresh!

Seems like several of the members here hail from New York!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys...I used to make my own slingshots back when I was youngin from ftree branch forks. Used to chop down and again always in search of a perfect staight fork. I remember going to the bike shops and using the tubes(tire tubes) and cutting the strands. Good ol' days. Just getting back into shooting after 26 years of break. LOL
Welcome Peresh from West Virginia. Do you shoot Dankungs now?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep Bob! Dankungs currently and slowly tring others soon. I want to get back to bulding from tree forks. Now atleast theraband is available and don't have to find tire tubes like I did in the 70s.

There was no steel shots where I come from.We used rocks! The aim was to find round rocks. That took time.

I learned to make a sling shot from a Mau-Mau member. You can google them.

Welcome Peresh from West Virginia. Do you shoot Dankungs now?
[/quote]

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Martin,

It's going really good. I can't believe for my very first board cut!

I'll post some pics in two days when complete. I'm using a sealer on it - 2 coats.

I'm taking some more time sanding it properly. Stay tuned for the pics.

Regards and a BIG THANK YOU!
Peresh.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Hi, hope you have a good time; I'm relatively new to the whole thing, never really being interested before, it must be really exiting to feel that elastic crack again?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts