1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all,

Some of Youtube's clip suddenly brought me "back to basics" a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9ieWrWLjii0

Although I guess everyone of you has seen this clip yet!

I've been shooting, since I was six years old (I'm now 46), with almost everything from .177 pellets to L.A.W. (!) , been a "practical" shooter (heavy loaded pistols, kind of a very "macchio" discipline) for years...and gave up! (due partially to some new and stupid new law regulation 3 years ago, I 'd call that typical "belgian political brown stuff").

It feels to me like a breath of fresh air to discover that some people are interested in the real and genuine spirit of "the Art of Shooting", that I could not stop myself registering to your honourable forum place.

I also have to thank "Joerg S" for his wonderful work and commitment to the cause of underestimated kind of "lifestyle".

Yours,
Hugues

PS excuse my poor level in english, I'm just a "french native speaking kind of person" after all.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Glad to have you with us Hugues!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Some of Youtube's clip suddenly brought me "back to basics" a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9ieWrWLjii0

Although I guess everyone of you has seen this clip yet!
Rufus is legendary! I think that old video of him has inspired many people to get into slingshots or try them again after many years.

with almost everything from .177 pellets to L.A.W. (!)
That's quite a variety of weaponry. I think some of Joerg's slingshots aren't too far behind the LAW in terms of power.

PS excuse my poor level in english, I'm just a "french native speaking kind of person" after all.
No worries. Your English is just fine.

Welcome to the forum!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Wonderful!!! Greetings from Southern California! Your English is fine...better than some Americans

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi Hughes,

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for welcoming me so kindly, Pelleteer!

Yes Mr. Hussey is a bit of an icon for us all, I agree.

I'm not really interested in firearms anymore and feel so good (and free) with small weapons such as pellet pistols and my poor Megaline catty (a cheap, italian made, piece of crap), that I'm about to try knife throwing as well. Slingshots were outlawed in my country (Belgium: Bastogne, Fabrique Nationale d'armes de Liège "Browning"...) but are not anymore, well ... since a few months. So all catapults importers have left, and the market is so tight you can't even find an honest Barnett model around! Shame for a country with such a tradition in gunsmithing, a country that once let me fool around for one year and a half with almost any army weapons and calibers on earth, while serving on my military duty (obligatory!)as an Air Commando Non Committed Officer... the same country that, 20 years later, wouldn't even allow me to own a slingshot!

So I'm glad I found your forum and intend to get my revenge buy buying (from the web) as many catapults as I can afford!

Yeeah!

Thanks again and have a nice day, Pelleteer.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Hi Hugues
Just got started on this fantastic forum ourselfs hope i can help you out
send me you email adress and we will contact you andsend you a FREE aluminium Catapult
in the POST
all the best
and happy hunting
Hogancastings

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Hugues
Just got started on this fantastic forum ourselfs hope i can help you out
send me you email adress and we will contact you andsend you a FREE aluminium Catapult
in the POST
all the best
and happy hunting
Hogancastings
Ooops, sorry I missed your mail! I'd be glad to shoot one of your very fine products, they look so nice on the web!
I used to cast bronze myself and I greatly appreciate your offer, indeed.
Thank you very much.

Hugues MORDANT
480, rue Havegné
B-4870, Fraipont
BELGIUM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts