Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Oregon. A couple days ago I started a web search for the fastest/best commercial wrist rocket. I had one as a kid, and just felt the itch to try one again. Well, after an hour I discovered the Slingshot Channel and was blown away by Joerg's videos. I learned a lot in a short period of time. A couple hours later I stumbled into this forum, and after lurking, decided I should join. Now I can view the photos and ask lots of newbie questions.

After watching Joerg's vids, I realized wanted to try a slingshot w/o a wrist brace, so I ordered the Dankung Jungle Hunter and Hunter II, along with 20yds of tubing (2040 & 1745). The high thumb and index finger grip looks a little scary, but what the heck, all the fingers on my other hand are safe right?
Anyway, my new stainless catapults should be here in a couple weeks, so I've got time to keep reading and learning so I look good when they arrive.

Mac

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Welcome Mac,
Don't be afraid!!! It's more of a mental thing. If you look at my wooden style slingshots they are about the same size and are shot the same was as the DanKung. I've never shot my fingers. If you watch older shooters that grew up shooting natural tree forks that are good you will see that they use a "high grip" with forefinger and thumb up close to the rubber as well. I have never seen a good shooter use a "hammer grip." If you hit a fork (it can happen sometimes to the best of us) it will most likely be the left one if you pull the bands with your right hand or vice-a-versa, so it will maybe jar your hand a little but not hit a finger.
This "high V grip" is what allows us to successfully use brace-less forks and strong bands if desired.
Enjoy your shooting, and the forum!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I just ordered a pile of 5/16" and 3/8" balls, so I'll be ready to flip when the catapults get here. I plan to build a trap, but I'll still lose some when I wander in the mountains.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi from Oregon. A couple days ago I started a web search for the fastest/best commercial wrist rocket. I had one as a kid, and just felt the itch to try one again. Well, after an hour I discovered the Slingshot Channel and was blown away by Joerg's videos. I learned a lot in a short period of time. A couple hours later I stumbled into this forum, and after lurking, decided I should join. Now I can view the photos and ask lots of newbie questions.

After watching Joerg's vids, I realized wanted to try a slingshot w/o a wrist brace, so I ordered the Dankung Jungle Hunter and Hunter II, along with 20yds of tubing (2040 & 1745). The high thumb and index finger grip looks a little scary, but what the heck, all the fingers on my other hand are safe right?
Anyway, my new stainless catapults should be here in a couple weeks, so I've got time to keep reading and learning so I look good when they arrive.

Mac
Welcome Mac, my first Dankung was a General II hunting slingshot and it took a while to get used to the small size. I just got a jungle hunter and after the General II it seemed too big. I do like the wider forks on the Jungle. They shoot great. Good thing you ordered extra tubing, just make them slightly longer for your pull length. I changed milne from 12cm to 14cm in length and they are fine and shoot hard. wvbob

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Welcome!

Don't worry, at least the bones of your fingers will protect the forks.

See? Zero chance of a fork hit. Chance of broken fingers: small to moderate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts