Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Recently started getting into slingshots coming over from various other activities like traditional archery, love the accessibility, cost, and fun. Working on my form, trying out different pouches, band materials, and frames (currently waiting on a pocket predator ott ranger!) and already have a stack of forks drying. Looking forward to the community!

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,404 Posts
Welcome from Georgia Sneaky.............looking forward to seeing what you post.

If you are using natural forks ( drying ) , you can speed dry them in the microwave, doing

short runs of a minute or so at a time till dry, but by doing this, you can work green forks almost

instantly, no need to wait for them to air dry.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the tip! I might try that out this weekend - waiting is tough. I had several lined up on the dashboard to try to speed things up in the sun, and it probably looked a little strange...

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
North East from South West. Welcome!

PS... Wood left on dash probably will split. Best move 'em somewhere warm out of the sun. Or weight one, nuke him, weigh..short bursts, don't do like me and set your microwave on fire.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you've joined us.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Welcome. I arrived here from traditional archery as well. The two compliment each other. Interestingly, I shoot my bows "instinctively" and my slingshots with a reference point.

While you are waiting for those forks to dry and for your Ranger to arrive, keep in mind that you can always put together a Wally World special. Go to the closest Wally World and purchase a Daisy F-16, flat exercise bands, Daisy steel shot, marbles, paintballs (or all three!), rubber-bands, heavy fabric, duct tape, and a rotary fabric cutter. Put a couple of strips of duct take on the fabric to make a pouch. Use the rotary cutter to cut the flat exercise bands into 3/4 inch strips and use the rubber-bands to tie on your pouch. Cut off the tubular bands. Use the rubber-bands to wrap and tuck the flat bands to the frame - and.... voila! You have yourself a decent shooter. Lots of information here on modifying Daisy F-16s.

You can also find paracord there to make a wrist lanyard. Don't forget your safety glasses!

Have fun. Looking forward to reading your posts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts