Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears the Class of '18 has crashed the locked barrier to my personal Desert Range,....again.

I pulled my homespun* El Big Phatty and 8-3/8" rounds out of my bag and walked out to find a target about 40ft away. I found said target balanced on a branch and on my 3rd shot I dashed the hopes of a Modelo bottle ever making to recycling.**

Like the Shin-ken SlingMaster that I hope to become, I felt grateful for my time and returned to my car with 5 rounds in my pocket. The thirst of completing this quest with a tool of my own making can only be temporarily quenched after the truth that I had dropped El Big Phatty after the second shot and scratched it a little. I might leave the scratch... as a reminder of this day in Hellsback Hole ---Exit 2.

M.Mo

*Makopat helped me on the make!
** I cleaned up the stupid glass. Likely the first person in 58 years after thousands of people have thrown their millions of booze bottle's on to the rocks of this old rock mine.
e8a042f7cbc48a980f6b040a28d6b5ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Freezin' my Butt Off
709 Posts
Awesome! Now that you mention it, I do remember the great glass debacle of early 2018. It seems so long ago...
Anyway, I'm pretty sure people have taken a step back, and realized that a smashed bottle in the wastelands of Nevada ain't gonna hurt no one.

P.S. That sure is a pretty sling!

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Now that you mention it, I do remember the great glass debacle of early 2018. It seems so long ago...
Anyway, I'm pretty sure people have taken a step back, and realized that a smashed bottle in the wastelands of Nevada ain't gonna hurt no one.

P.S. That sure is a pretty sling!
That is odd you remember that nonsense Norseman! Perhaps less screen time is in your future? The sling fits like, sling....but still too shiny. Steel wool I think later and on future attempts!

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
M. Mo, I think of you as the Toshiro Mifune of our Northern desert.
Thanks for cleaning up and recycling... I am an Appalachian Leave No Trace kind of guy... woooooooooo! I like those Modelo Negras pretty good.

I guess 3td time is charm... I, too, often only carry 8 shots on my slingberry (belt loop magnet). That is my magic no.

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M. Mo, I think of you as the Toshiro Mifune of our Northern desert.
Thanks for cleaning up and recycling... I am an Appalachian Leave No Trace kind of guy... woooooooooo! I like those Modelo Negras pretty good.

I guess 3td time is charm... I, too, often only carry 8 shots on my slingberry (belt loop magnet). That is my magic no.
I am always reminded of two things by my Pops. 'Hit it once you're lucky, hit it then again, that is skill.' The other was that 'If you need more than 10 rounds then you shouldn't be out there.' He had another about girls and being out after midnight.......for another time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts