Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have not had fork hits, I hit my forks in the bottom of the V by trying to make every frame I shoot more 'straight wristed'. I have done it to almost every really nice frame I own, but here is the worst... before, at point of impact and after it came back from Waco with black g10 instead of purpleheart. If you don't feel better, I could continue. I was shooting at a moving carpenter bee like a fool. I have never hit a moving target with a slingshot.
Hand Finger Gesture Plant Pink
Hand Plant Gesture Finger Terrestrial plant
Gesture Finger Grass Thumb Plant

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Dadgummit. Hate when this happens...

Tempted to mark this thread NSFW. LOL!

View attachment 377440
Nobody above fork hits fella it’s part the game sucks ya end the world no . I made a frame once and I smoke fork first shot makes ya sick your stomach I now .
this frame was from this forum years ago you got lot more hits before you catch up this poor fella but I wouldn’t make it a challenge 😀
Bicycle part Art Wood Font Metal

·
Registered
Derek
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not had fork hits, I hit my forks in the bottom of the V by trying to make every frame I shoot more 'straight wristed'. I have done it to almost every really nice frame I own, but here is the worst... before, at point of impact and after it came back from Waco with black g10 instead of purpleheart. If you don't feel better, I could continue. I was shooting at a moving carpenter bee like a fool. I have never hit a moving target with a slingshot.
View attachment 377441 View attachment 377442 View attachment 377443
My thoughts in order of presentation: "OH, DANG!" then "Ouch!". Still on ouch!

·
Registered
Derek
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nobody above fork hits fella it’s part the game sucks ya end the world no . I made a frame once and I smoke fork first shot makes ya sick your stomach I now .
this frame was from this forum years ago you got lot more hits before you catch up this poor fella but I wouldn’t make it a challenge 😀 View attachment 377444
You've been using this to pound tent stakes, amirite?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bicycle part Art Wood Font Paint

yes it looks like he used a SLR on this frame, no fork or frame hits shooting ott for me, i cant understand how you could hit the frame like that shooting ott, except butterfly shooting, as a matter of interest has anybody tried shooting darts ttf because i dont think anyone would try that. maybe a Japanese kamakaze pilot, it would be like nailing yourself to the cross i had a couple of frame hits shooting ttf and quickly decided it wasnt for me, and the fact i couldnt hit a barn door at 10yards but i could hit a slingshot fork at 2ft.

·
Premium Member
4,170 Posts
I nailed the crap out of a really nice fork I got from Cromag last year. It was my first custom frame and the second day I had it. She cleaned up alright though. Form is definitely key, but sometimes gets overruled by fun. It’s then that all the sudden you’ll stop and ask yourself, “Where’d the damn bb go?!”. You’ll be checking out the new crater you have in your sling and meanwhile the ammo’s flying over the state line somewhere. For all I know that 5/16 is still airborne.

·
Premium Member
4,170 Posts
View attachment 377451
yes it looks like he used a SLR on this frame, no fork or frame hits shooting ott for me, i cant understand how you could hit the frame like that shooting ott, except butterfly shooting, as a matter of interest has anybody tried shooting darts ttf because i dont think anyone would try that. maybe a Japanese kamakaze pilot, it would be like nailing yourself to the cross i had a couple of frame hits shooting ttf and quickly decided it wasnt for me, and the fact i couldnt hit a barn door at 10yards but i could hit a slingshot fork at 2ft.
I’m thinking this guy had to have hung the frame up and shot at it lol. Hilarious though. Unless he was shooting it hammer grip or something.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I’m thinking this guy had to have hung the frame up and shot at it lol. Hilarious though. Unless he was shooting it hammer grip or something.
just found out mate that frame belonged to Stevie Wonder, he was bequeathed it by Ray Charles, they both personally signed it. the language is slingshot Braille

·
Registered
Derek
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was so shocked at what I had just done, I never felt it.
Sidenote that looks like those fancy Taurus' I see on PP.com? Looks super comfortable!? Albeit much prettier!
I nailed the crap out of a really nice fork I got from Cromag last year. It was my first custom frame and the second day I had it. She cleaned up alright though. Form is definitely key, but sometimes gets overruled by fun. It’s then that all the sudden you’ll stop and ask yourself, “Where’d the damn bb go?!”. You’ll be checking out the new crater you have in your sling and meanwhile the ammo’s flying over the state line somewhere. For all I know that 5/16 is still airborne.
I actually snorted when I read this! LOL!

·
Registered
Derek
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I never knew what a FH or HH was until I found the Forum. Now I don’t actually say or write the words down to keep the SlingGods at bay. BTW you don’t have a FH on your Torque X—just a graze. A hot butter knife should put it back into shape.
"Are you serious Clark?"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts