Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you will know i run a successfull forum called jacksshed,many slingshot shooters from here and other forums are members,it is a place to discuss hunting with a slingshot and so means that folk can talk freely about it without offending folk on target oriented forums like this excellent one.

just a few days ago i had cause to bann a member for trying to cause arguments for the second time.he has now approached the service host ie MFF and made ridiculous allegations and has succeeded in getting jacksshed suspended
i would ask that the many members from here that are also on the shed please add comment on the forum providers forum to help us get the site back up and running. this could happen to any forum,united we stand......

please add comment here:

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/sutra137652.php#137652

i hope admin here doesn't mind my post.

·
Registered
316 Posts
This is quite sad.. What a bummer! I'm behind you 100% on this.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Well, it's all settled since then, huh Fish? Thankful for that. The Shed's a great place to hang out.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Glad it all "Turned out nice again".....

·
Banned
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all resolved now thanks to the 137 members who emailed their support,and bobarded MFF admin with emails of support.

many thanks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Fish,

This the problem with hosting forums at such free sites like myfreeforums.com, eboard and others. You are never truly your own boss. Trust me, I run a forum as well and no more would I ever use these free services. Their terms of services which you agreed to before you opened your forum gives them the right to pull the plug when they want.

Your option is to host a forum on your own. You're already hosting a website. Why not host your own forum yourself ?

You have various forum software like phpbb, vbulletin etc. that are fairly easy to install or you can find a webhost that aready has one as part of their services meaning that when you host, the forum software is already preinstalled and you have to do is activate it.

Why be at anyones mercy and at the same time woory about grudge bearers who can report you for idiotic reasons?

Good luck!
Congratulations!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts