Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
You don't have to use that specific brand name. Any exercise band will work fine as long as it is real latex rubber. However, if I were living where you are I would contact Fish about your slingshot needs and he will fix you up. He has an ad on this forum...Hunter catapults. He has anything you would want. You might not want to buy too much rubber at a time because it does get old, even when you're not using it. Hope this helps at least a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your help lads, I,m on full time sick now though having a bad leg so i need something to do so i was going to make a few friends a catapult each, ive used the square stuff for years but won that flat band on ebay very cheap, im very impressed with it, I'm sure you lads on here will keep me right, cheers jeff, or (CHIEF ha ha like it)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
What you got is Thera Band Gold. That is good stuff. However, it seems far to wide for a beginner. I recommend to remove the pouch, cut each band in half lengthwise and the re-tie. Use the other half as a reserve.

Fish uses two stripes of 2 cm at the pouch and 3 cm at the fork, which is very powerful. Your band looks like 10 cm by 8 cm or so.

You can usually find Thera Band on ebay, just search for it.

Regards

Jörg

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What you got is Thera Band Gold. That is good stuff. However, it seems far to wide for a beginner. I recommend to remove the pouch, cut each band in half lengthwise and the re-tie. Use the other half as a reserve.

Fish uses two stripes of 2 cm at the pouch and 3 cm at the fork, which is very powerful. Your band looks like 10 cm by 8 cm or so.

You can usually find Thera Band on ebay, just search for it.

Regards

Jörg
Thanks for that, i use my catapult for hunting rabbits and game bird so i need something with a good inpact, but i will try what you said about halfing the band, cheers jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.