Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to the site, ive been using catapults for a few years now for hunting, but only used square elastic, i got a flat band off ebay and found it a lot more inpacted,
can someone tell me if this type of band can be cut to use, thanks a lot, jeff

click on link for band, thanks
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3ca89c2eca

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one of Fish's cattys that he fits the Theraband Gold to and he doubles it up. Very good indeed but check out the site and you will find that Gold is the strongest.

-Andy

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks lads i got this one on ebay, has any one got a link what i can buy a few meters to make my own, jeff

·
Registered
230 Posts
is that beige or gold? beige is the weakest, gold the strongest im sure it said beige on te ebay seller site

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It said gold when i bought that band that is made up, its the first time ive used that type, it is very strong, it seem thicker that the one on the link, jeff

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
You don't have to use that specific brand name. Any exercise band will work fine as long as it is real latex rubber. However, if I were living where you are I would contact Fish about your slingshot needs and he will fix you up. He has an ad on this forum...Hunter catapults. He has anything you would want. You might not want to buy too much rubber at a time because it does get old, even when you're not using it. Hope this helps at least a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your help lads, I,m on full time sick now though having a bad leg so i need something to do so i was going to make a few friends a catapult each, ive used the square stuff for years but won that flat band on ebay very cheap, im very impressed with it, I'm sure you lads on here will keep me right, cheers jeff, or (CHIEF ha ha like it)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
What you got is Thera Band Gold. That is good stuff. However, it seems far to wide for a beginner. I recommend to remove the pouch, cut each band in half lengthwise and the re-tie. Use the other half as a reserve.

Fish uses two stripes of 2 cm at the pouch and 3 cm at the fork, which is very powerful. Your band looks like 10 cm by 8 cm or so.

You can usually find Thera Band on ebay, just search for it.

Regards

Jörg

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What you got is Thera Band Gold. That is good stuff. However, it seems far to wide for a beginner. I recommend to remove the pouch, cut each band in half lengthwise and the re-tie. Use the other half as a reserve.

Fish uses two stripes of 2 cm at the pouch and 3 cm at the fork, which is very powerful. Your band looks like 10 cm by 8 cm or so.

You can usually find Thera Band on ebay, just search for it.

Regards

Jörg
Thanks for that, i use my catapult for hunting rabbits and game bird so i need something with a good inpact, but i will try what you said about halfing the band, cheers jeff

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Joerg sure knows his stuff...especially when it comes to Theraband.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts