Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a digital dynamo meter which I use to measure the power of my bands for a given stretch.

However, when I stop stretching the bands the numbers on the screen are fleeting - for two reasons I guess, first, my hand might be not stable all the time and second, the rubber looses power through time. In this way my reading becomes inaccurate.

Now, does anyone have a link to a site (eBay maybe, or other) where I could by a digital dynamo meter which STOPS/FREEZES when I stop pulling the bands or STOPS/FREEZES when I, maybe, press a button or so, thus allowing me a clear reading?

thank you in advance,

cheers,

jazz

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Interesting, that you use a dynometer. I've never looked into something like that, I always related a dyno with engines, but an absorption dyno is what you're using, and I just found out is a thing. When I don't use soup cans, I use a chronometer and math for FPE.
What information do you get from using a dynometer, besides the pull strength?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Many analog dial dynos have a max reading... the needle basically pushes a stop that stays there at max reading until reset.

There are also many digital ones that have the same feature as well... some cheap hand held luggage dynos/scales work that way.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Interesting, that you use a dynometer. I've never looked into something like that, I always related a dyno with engines, but an absorption dyno is what you're using, and I just found out is a thing. When I don't use soup cans, I use a chronometer and math for FPE.
What information do you get from using a dynometer, besides the pull strength?
Hi NIcholson, you are right, it is not a "dynamometer", better name is what Bill suggested below, keywords being: hanging, scale, digital, luggage, fishing etc..

I use it to measure the power of my bands in order to calculate velocity and energy; as a matter of fact, me, being no physicist and no computer scientist am still trying to come up with a piece of software that would help the user in various slingshot ballistics related calculations and I am for the above reasons going through pains to put that together; if I am successful I will let everybody know..

Many analog dial dynos have a max reading... the needle basically pushes a stop that stays there at max reading until reset.

There are also many digital ones that have the same feature as well... some cheap hand held luggage dynos/scales work that way.
Hi Bill, as always you solved the problem, thanks! (English is my second language bit in this case more important is that technical, in general, is my fifteenth language..)

thanks again both of you.

cheers,

jazz

PS the feature I was looking for seems to be called "weight lock" or so

1 - 4 of 4 Posts